Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

Posting Pictures made easy:

I know some of you have trouble posting pics so I made this little slide show for ya.

Hope it helps! Post your car's pics!

Postpics.gif

Someone wanna make this a "stickie" so it floats around the top of the forum?

Actually if you use the "post reply" at the bottom of each thread instead of the "quick reply" at the bottom of each post than it is even one step less. Good slide show though.

everytime i follow those steps it tells me my pic is too big soo i try to resize it but by the time i get it small enough you cant tell wha tthe pic is of my old can you tell me what seats thses are thread is proof of that

It's not the actual size of your pic that you probably need to change so much as the quality or file size. You have it set at too high a pixel count than neccessay for web viewing.

everytime i follow those steps it tells me my pic is too big soo i try to resize it but by the time i get it small enough you cant tell wha tthe pic is of my old can you tell me what seats thses are thread is proof of that

You're most likely not really re-sizing the picture. I'm guessing you're doing this in MSPaint?

If that's the case, here is the easy way to resizing pics:

Select: Stretch/Skew and pic 75% Lenght and 75% Width.

This will make the picture 75% of the starting size. So if the pic was 1000X1000 it's now 750X750. Then save the picture and try to post.

OR

Use a service like www.photobucket.com

Upload your pictures and before you click "upload" go below there and select to resize your pictures to 800X whatever. Then copy the Image tag and paste it here in your reply box. The picture will automaticly appear here without uploading anything.

This hopefully help you.

It's not the actual size of your pic that you probably need to change so much as the quality or file size. You have it set at too high a pixel count than neccessay for web viewing.

It most likely is the size. If you make the pic size 600 width or something along those lines there's no way for it to exceed the bytes allowed here.

It's usually a physical size issue.

People usually end up with a picture that looks like this. This is wrong. lol

In Photoshop you can save the picture as a special "For the web" file so that it can still be the same width in actual size and yet have a smaller file size so you can post it.

Correct. Or in any program just "save as" and name it differently. I usually name my resized photos the same but with -1 added to it.

That's just my method though.

This is a test post to see if my sig pic worked.

<ABBR class="timestamp timestamp livetimestamp" title="Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 6:52pm" data-utime="1323215571"><ABBR class="timestamp timestamp livetimestamp" title="Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 6:52pm" data-utime="1323215571">th_100_0339.jpg</ABBR>

</ABBR>

got it figured out! once the pics are uploaded to photobucket, click the link you want and it will be highlighted...then right click the hightlighted part and click copy.then go back to the site your posting the add and press ctrl and the V key and the link will appear, when done click add post and like magic the pics are there! i just turned 50 and i still think working on these cars is easyer than this computer BS......Jim

Photobucket really is easy to use as has been said. That also puts your pics on their server, so if your computer should crash, and thats all you have them saved to, you will not loose them. All the pics I have posted are from Photobucket. :smile: