Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Hood black out variations...what do you think?

I decided to make up some very quick but mostly to scale sketches today in photoshop to try and figure out some ideas I have been thinking about. I am pretty much sold on the idea of doing the black out treatment on the hood again. The 70 style looks good too and I have always liked the LeMans stripe on all the prior years but the black out was always one of my favorite 69' only applications. I'm thinking that I want to Foose it up a bit though and do something a little custom but I'm not sure what yet and would like some feedback on the two concepts so far. Keep in mind these are just black and white rough lay out concepts, not actual ones yet so don't be critical on the artwork quality so much as the ideas.

Option 1.) would simply be to add a ghost flame into the black, either in a body color or a contrasting black tone.

Option 2.) is to actually make the black out become the flame, still keep the pinstripe border around the outside but only have the nose start out normally.

Other things to think about, one set of flames has more work to it than the other even though both are essentially the same type of old school classic flame design. They could be swapped between the two concepts or a totally different type of flame design could be used. Option 1 ends at the hood instead of the cowl like my original car but it doesn't have to. Option 2 would have a body color scoop this way but it could still be black or have a lone flame on top of it.

Any and all ideas welcome even if it is just to say "I don't like flames and they don't belong on Mustangs".:devil2:

i like arrowheads version a little more. i think i would ghost them as well, maybe with a slightly grayer shade for the flames or possibly glossier black than the flat color but stillnot quite gloss black, more like a satin black maybe. or you could combine your idea with my old flat charcoal gray idea. do the hood in flat charcoal and the flames in flat black or the inverse of that. of course you would have to have some other gray accents somewhere though. maybe seat inserts, wheel insets or something like that.