Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

My Progress Pic Thread (69 Coupe)

Trav, the trunk set up and scoops are from http://www.maierracing.com/

I love it, the stock trunks on coupes blow.

As an update to all you guys, I bought new fenders, doors, hinges and the front & rear valances last week from Northcoast Mustang here in Willoughby, Ohio. They porked me pretty good I think but Oh well. I'll be getting them on in the coming weeks.

were your doors and fenders badly rusted?

Not really but it looked like someone shot a potato gun full of marbles at them about 30 times. The price of the new stuff out weighed my time straightening the metal and body work.

Well, here's my new game plan, I'm taking 4 days off work to put the motor in, the first week of march. Wiring it up and driving it as is.

I've owned the car for 7 years I think, I need to drive it to have any interest in finishing it. Once I get it driving I'm going to focus on finishing the body work. Until then it's going to be sprayed black. I'll post pictures as this happens.

Well, obviously I lack follow through but I figured I'd update this thread for the purpose of re-capping the last few years. I completely lost interest in cars for a while but I'm back.

My last update was 02-17-2011.

I think about two years went buy where I didn't even touch the car. So busy with work, lack of money to burn on it and focused on hobbies like shooting and jet skiing.

So here I am, last summer my friend and I did a nice amount of body work on the car and it's really close to a final block, except the trunk lid. That thing was a mess out of the box. As it warms up, I plan to attack it, finish it and I have a two friends that now paint.

My uncle also got a shop, to work on his cars at. He wants me to bring it down and lend me a hand getting the motor in, etc... He has a trailer and heat so we'll probably bring it there soon.

Last fall, I bought a crap load of parts in an attempt to get the motor in.

Here it is:

1185814_10153128267045346_54503550_n.jpg

I also bought myself this:

601436_10153125039015346_1915276587_n.jpg

I just got home from Summit Racing. Drove down to pick up a full engine bolt kit. Now I have EVERYTHING I need to put the motor together and run it, except a carb, fuel pump and hoses. Good enough for now!