Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burritoboi5

My 69 Coupe Prject Thread

Nice Rack!!!!! So what the heck is that red thing you welded to the grill? Looks like a permanent gas tank but the feed tube seems huge.

B, can't you get nice flat pics of both from online catalog photo's?

well i found some pics that may work. would you rather me post them here or email them to you?

I think it's a homemade smoker. The tank is for the fire to smoke the meat on the rack.

Correcto Mundo. The tank is a harbor freight sand blaster that I never used so I cut it up and now it serves the purpose of being a firebox. Basically the wood/charcoal goes in there and the vent channels the hot smoke into the grill for that perfect 225 degree indirect heat cooking. So far my trials have been either too dry and then not cooked long enough and too chewy but the flavor is still awesome so I'm improving as I go. :tongue_smilie:

-Steve

Rollcage being installed.

E-brake done

Flowmaster super 40s installed

exhaust gasket replaced

fluids all changed

temp plate in hand and looking to get VIN verified

Blowing a little smoke at high RPMs need to investigate further

Pics to come

-Steve

E-brake done

exhaust gasket replaced

fluids all changed

Pics to come

-Steve

E-brake done

exhaust gasket replaced

fluids all changed

Pics to come

-Steve

are you still planning on ripping apart and starting over?

E-brake done

exhaust gasket replaced

fluids all changed

Pics to come

-Steve

Not so much ripping apart just yet. I want to get a detroit and some taller gears for the rear end first and most likely get it painted. But I still would like it riding on air eventually. Truck needs a new clutch though, and recently finances have been going out instead of in so we'll see when/if money allows.

-Steve

Not so much ripping apart just yet. I want to get a detroit and some taller gears for the rear end first and most likely get it painted. But I still would like it riding on air eventually. Truck needs a new clutch though, and recently finances have been going out instead of in so we'll see when/if money allows.

-Steve

-Steve

cool, just remember i've got first dibs on the front coilovers if you do it. :biggrin:

-Steve

cool, just remember i've got first dibs on the front coilovers if you do it. :biggrin:

Don't know how far into your custom dash you are but pictures of a Shelby protoype just popped up on ebay and it had the Cougar dash in it so I thought I would just post it to show how cool it looks with the rest of the Mustang interior.

38d2_3.JPG

Don't know how far into your custom dash you are but pictures of a Shelby protoype just popped up on ebay and it had the Cougar dash in it so I thought I would just post it to show how cool it looks with the rest of the Mustang interior.

38d2_3.JPG

i've talked to this guy about his car last time he had it on ebay. this is the Conelec fuel injection prototype for 69 liks the Green Hornet was for 68. there may have been 2 for 69 though, a gt-350 and a gt-500. plus it was the only shelby with a cleveland and it had the cougar dash too, pretty darn cool prototype car really. i mean think about it a fuel injected cleveland back in 1969 too cool....

i've talked to this guy about his car last time he had it on ebay. this is the Conelec fuel injection prototype for 69 liks the Green Hornet was for 68. there may have been 2 for 69 though, a gt-350 and a gt-500. plus it was the only shelby with a cleveland and it had the cougar dash too, pretty darn cool prototype car really. i mean think about it a fuel injected cleveland back in 1969 too cool....

hi do you have more pics of this car?

hi do you have more pics of this car?