Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d.reese

69 Rear spoiler info needed!

i was planning on using either that or the Shelby style myself but ran out of money, now that i'm going to be selling the car it won't even get one down the road. hopefully i'll get it back to the body shop this week so they can finish their part.

Here's an interesting twist. This is a periodical catalog/advert from Mustangs Plus. Look for the "Bosster". They took their Ronster kit (which I'm not a fan of, but to each their own, it deletes the rear seat and is pretty much a full body kit) and uses it on a vert. I'm sure there is a lot to making it work, but check out the results: (look for "Bosster")

http://www.mustangsplus.com/rm_magazine/11_08/RM1108%20final.pdf

What I think would look ideal is a shorter tail than the Kleva, (which I think is out of proportion) but with more of a sweep back than the Shelby. The Ronster height is something like that height, but is too flat IMHO. Still, it's interesting. When they put up full pics of the MCA show, there should be better photos.

Hunh, looks like my hunch from the MCA post back in September was right. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5414

It almost looks like they used 69GrandeCJ's pictures for the article too, or at the least both photographers stood in the same exact spot when taking them.

I think the only thing they used from the Ronster would be the tonneau cover, adding extra glass and modding that to fit a 69/70 is one thing, making the ductail from a 65/66 match up is a whole other story and near impossible. I should know becasue the glass work just to make 69 Shelby meet 69 Mustang was ridiculous. I'm almost certain they used the Maier piece or equivalent on the Bosster.

BTW, just so you have a comparison, here is how the finished Shelby part looks from a side angle on my car. I still think this is just right and Shelby nailed it, not too high and a subtle blend from the body line and not a radical skateboard ramp jump up from one angle to the other.

New_Paint_008.sized.jpg

New_Paint_007.sized.jpg