Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streetking

Pics of 295's on 18x10r with no mini-tubb

Is that a viper in the garage? :w00t:

What other cars do you own if you dont mind me asking, oh and if you got pics i'd love to drool on em err see them :001_tt1:

I'm glad to see someone who leaves the original looks of the cars alone, nothing beats the original sheetmetal look of those two cars. Nice classic looks with modern everything else. Great work on both. And an excellent choice of color ;) BTW.

I'm glad to see someone who leaves the original looks of the cars alone, nothing beats the original sheetmetal look of those two cars. Nice classic looks with modern everything else. Great work on both. And an excellent choice of color ;) BTW.

I totally agree with everything you just said.

You own some mighty fine cars Streetking.

Damn is it ever!

So what did you do to lower it then? There's definately either traction bars or a modified leaf mount under there.

And how's the ride?

The rear leafs were de-arched 3" with a 1" lowering block. It has Caltrac traction bars also. It rides great, stiffer than stock, but nice.

thanks for the comments,

SW

I couldn't agree more. He's done basically what I have in plan for mine, except mine is the convertible version. The wheel sizes of his are practically identical to mine...just slightly different style. I'm pumped.

As I've said before, sweet car!

That is one baaaaaad car! You really nailed the stance. What's the tire width up front ?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer on another tread. (245/40-18)

Dammit, I so regret getting 17" wheels. After seeing this, I GOTTA go for 18"s!

Inspiring to say the least (reaching for credit card...)!

Did you cut, roll, bend anything to clearance those? Any rubbing at all?

What size front tires?

I have sold my existing 17" set on the 69 Coupe and was looking for another 17" set, but this definitely has me looking at 18".

What size front brakes are those? Looks bigger than 13" or...?

Inspiring to say the least (reaching for credit card...)!

Did you cut, roll, bend anything to clearance those? Any rubbing at all?

What size front tires?

I have sold my existing 17" set on the 69 Coupe and was looking for another 17" set, but this definitely has me looking at 18".

What size front brakes are those? Looks bigger than 13" or...?

In the rear, I had to hammer the inner fenderwell at a couple of places. The front fenders were rolled flat before they were painted. Front tires are 245/40/18 on a 8.5 rim. They are 13" Cobra brakes. The photographer from Car Craft came and shot it yesterday for a feature. I will let you guys know when it will comes out.

SW

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

... The photographer from Car Craft came and shot it yesterday for a feature. I will let you guys know when it will comes out.

SW

Very cool. Congrates on the feature. Do let us know so we don't miss it.

-Stephen

Did you leave the drums out back? I can't see too well from the angles. I'm going with 13" Cobra Discs up front too (Mustang Steve Kit) and I am a little hesitant about my wheel choice. I'd like to show off the front set but I am afraid the rear will look too naked if the rim is too open.

Did you leave the drums out back? I can't see too well from the angles. I'm going with 13" Cobra Discs up front too (Mustang Steve Kit) and I am a little hesitant about my wheel choice. I'd like to show off the front set but I am afraid the rear will look too naked if the rim is too open.

I wondered the same thing too...until I looked at one of his other photos from SK's first thread. It looks like he's running discs in the rear.

My wheels are pretty open. I'll be running the disc/drum setup this year (Mustang Steve setup up front). When I'm to that point (sometime before summer), I'll post some pictures.

Next year, I'll be going to the disc/disc setup when I put in the 9" rearend.