Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

Where do you buy?

I'm curious, where do you personally buy your parts from?

I'm most likely buying from North Coast Mustangs since thier located 2 minutes from me.

But who get's your dollar and why?

Do they have an actual store? I live in Akron and work in Cleveland(Highland Heights), it would be nice to have a real Mustang store to go to and browse around again.

Other than that, it has been mostly ebay or people on the vmf, I haven't been buying much new(as opposed to used) stuff yet.

Thanks,

Russ

Mustangs Unlimited usually get's my money if i can't buy it locally. the stuff i buy locally actually comes from Virginia classic mustang becuase they gave the local guy the best wholesale prices, he actually sells the parts for the prices they list in their catalog.

I've bought from Mustangs Unlimited, Laruel (via ebay), and Mustangs Plus. No problems with any of them. I was not happy with the product from Laruel (EFI Export brace) but nothing against the vendor themselves. Like Russ I've bought a lot off of ebay and a local late model Stang club board. I'd like to buy from Mustang Depot since Jay is active on some other boards but they are always quite a bit higher than the others and I can't see why.

I did buy local from what used to be Mustang Parts of OK.. Classic something or other now.. but was not really happy with the attitude in the store and the parts themselves.

My two cents...

-Stephen

Do they have an actual store? I live in Akron and work in Cleveland(Highland Heights), it would be nice to have a real Mustang store to go to and browse around again.

Other than that, it has been mostly ebay or people on the vmf, I haven't been buying much new(as opposed to used) stuff yet.

Thanks,

Russ

They do have a store, you can stop in and bs, check stuff out. They do stock there but I don't think it's out in the open. They are about 10 minutes from Highland Heights. Right off Vine St. in Willoughby. Check them out. They have very good prices from what I see...

I vary between Virginia Classic, CJ Pony and NPD depending on the specific item I want and my total amount I need to spend. Some are higher on some parts and others lower when they carry the same item and some offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount so that plays a part in my choice du'jour.

When I made my first big bulk purchase of parts after the accident I went thru Florida Mustang as I knew the owner from Stangnet and he gave me a nice bulk discount.

Since receiving outstanding customer service from The Mustang Factory several months ago on my hood tach purchase I now try to throw what business I can his way.

I personally like NPD. I don't live next to any Mustang stores, and live out in the country. NPD delivers exactly when they say they will and the parts always seem to be a tad better with little modifcation to some parts to fit. I have bought from some other places but pretty content with NPD. HAS ANYONE BOUGHT FROM YEAR ONE? I was just wondering cause their prices are outrageous. I only see like millionaires have their cars restored with their parts in my Hot Rod mag.

I haven't bought much of anything for my '70 yet, but any late model stuff I bought from http://www.buyfordracing.com/ They've been very good to me.

Now, why should you care about them? Because if you want a great deal on the late model cobra brake for the Mustang Steve or Vintage Venom kits, that's a great place to go...that's where I bought this for 349 shipped!

Black Factory Cobra Brake Package

• Same calipers as used on the 1996 - 2004 Cobras!!

• Fits 1994-04 Mustangs / Cobras

• Kit includes:

- 2 New Brembo Brake Rotors

- 2 New Black Factory Brake Calipers

- 2 Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

-Includes Brake Pads!!

I buy my exhaust parts from http://www.fulllineexhaust.com/ They've always cut me great deals on their stuff. I don't pay their online prices...and it isn't because I know any of them.