Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stangman69

WTB clutch pedal assembly for '69

Guys -

I'm making the plunge to a Tremec 3550 from a C4.

I need a clutch pedal assembly for a '69.

I'm running a small block with manual drums at the moment...but I think any clutch pedal assembly will work.

Thanks,

Nate

<natedawg69_27587@yahoo.com>

Good luck man.. that is one of the holy grails for 69/70's right now as now reproductions are available.

Edit: Just read another post on another board about 'tweaking' a 67/68 pedal for 69/70?? Anyone have info on that?

-Stephen

I am not sure about this, but it is something I have thought about a bit. If, and that is an important if, you are NOT going to use the stock clutch linkage, why couldn't you use almost any clutch pedal setup that you could get to mount to the firewall in the right place? That would make things a lot easier on the wallet.

Thoughts?

BTW, ADAPT might be my middle name. :-)

Russ

I am not sure about this, but it is something I have thought about a bit. If, and that is an important if, you are NOT going to use the stock clutch linkage, why couldn't you use almost any clutch pedal setup that you could get to mount to the firewall in the right place? That would make things a lot easier on the wallet.

Thoughts?

BTW, ADAPT might be my middle name. :-)

Russ

This is kind of what I was thinking. I'm not to that point yet, but will be worth considering when I am. I think Wilwood makes a generic clutch with the hydraulic master cylinder attached for less then the stock clutch pedals on eBay. That way, you'd just have to by the second half of the hydraulic clutch setup, if that is what you would want to do.

Just my 2 cents.

If you are planning on a cable or hydrolic clutch, then you don't need the whole assembly. You only need the pedal. You can trim down your existing brake pedal to fit.

You should also be able to use a pedal from a 70. The assemblys are different, but the pedals are identical. I just installed a 69 pedal in my 70 auto assembly and it fits perfectly.

how about modding a 67-68 clutch pedal to fit? I need a clutch pedal as well, but they are just not available. Anyone have any pictures of both, so we can compare?

Rob

bump on this one! still looking to get this done!