Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streetking

It's done!

Awesome car(s) StreetKing! You can't go wrong with clean black cars.

Anyway, I got 3 questions...

What paint did you use on the hood blackout? Does it leave water marks when you wash it? Did you have to modify anything to fit the 10" wide rear wheel?

personally, not to be a dick, i wanna know what StreeKing does for a living, to have such sweet cars. cuz those are NOT low dollar builds.

i think he is a car dealer actually. i can't remember where i got that info but that's what's sticking in my head.

personally, not to be a dick, i wanna know what StreeKing does for a living, to have such sweet cars. cuz those are NOT low dollar builds.

I have been a high line car dealer for 25 years here in Austin, selling Ferrari, Porsche, BMW ect..

fvike, I don't know the name of the paint, I will have to ask my paint guy. No, it does not leave marks after washing it, but I have only washed it twice.:) I had to used a hammer and modified some of the inner fender panel for clearance. It will rub on the inside if you go into a steep driveway at a angle but I think if you run a 285 or 275, it should be fine.

R4K, I actually found the shaker on Ebay.

chillininnh, the front was originally a 18x8.5 with 5.375 bs. It did fit ok but after getting it to the ride height you see here, I sent the front wheels back and had another .500 cut off the pad so I could turn it lock to lock. The rear is a 18x10 with 6.375bs. With the 295/35/18 BFG, I had to use a 1/8 spacer because the tire was almost touching the spring. If I went with a 275/40/18, there would be no issues but I wanted to go with the biggest tire I could fit.

Here is a picture of what the front wheel looks like inside the fender.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

SW, it looks like you went the Randall's Rack kit i suggested, how do you like it? i wanted to get that kit for my car but i came across a really great deal on a TCP power rack on ebay, it was just the rack and did not include any of the mounting hardware and stuff but even for the $500 that stuff will cost me from TCP i'll still have under $1000 in it, actually more like about $850-900 including shipping so there was no way i could pass it up.

i sure am glad to see that the 295's fit with no mods we've had some heated discussions on here about that very thing and everyone always tells me i'm wrong and that they won't fit without major mods to the wheelwell even after i tell them that they will and i've actually seen it. your car is my proof, LOL.

next time i'm down in Austin i'll look you up.:devil:

....chillininnh, the front was originally a 18x8.5 with 5.375 bs. It did fit ok but after getting it to the ride height you see here, I sent the front wheels back and had another .500 cut off the pad so I could turn it lock to lock. The rear is a 18x10 with 6.375bs. With the 295/35/18 BFG, I had to use a 1/8 spacer because the tire was almost touching the spring. If I went with a 275/40/18, there would be no issues but I wanted to go with the biggest tire I could fit.

Wow.. Pretty much a perfect Stang in my book.

So that's 5.875 bs with a 8.5 up front and the 6.375 in the back.

I guess that is a standard width housing in the back as well?

-Stephen

Wow.. Pretty much a perfect Stang in my book.

So that's 5.875 bs with a 8.5 up front and the 6.375 in the back.

I guess that is a standard width housing in the back as well?

-Stephen

He said it's 6.25 in the rear.

i sure am glad to see that the 295's fit with no mods we've had some heated discussions on here about that very thing and everyone always tells me i'm wrong and that they won't fit without major mods to the wheelwell even after i tell them that they will and i've actually seen it. your car is my proof, LOL.

Not everyone.

He said it's 6.25 in the rear.

I was just pulling from this:

chillininnh, the front was originally a 18x8.5 with 5.375 bs. It did fit ok but

after getting it to the ride height you see here, I sent the front wheels back and had another .500 cut off the pad so I could turn it lock to lock. The rear is a 18x10 with 6.375bs. With the 295/35/18 BFG, I had to use a 1/8 spacer because the tire was almost touching the spring. If I went with a 275/40/18, there would be no issues but I wanted to go with the biggest tire I could fit.

The 6.375 is the 6.25 plus the 1/8" spacer.

-Stephen

Streetking, thanks for sharing. That car is awesome. If I had a fastback, my gameplan would be similar to what you have done with yours. However, I have a convertible, so it is a little different. Regardless of body type, the stance and wheels I plan to run are very similar to yours.

Right now, I have a set of 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35/18 rubber on them waiting to go on. Backspacing is 6.12. I really like them and there's sentimental value for me keeping them. So, I'm hell-bent to put them on my convertible.

Seeing the photos of your car with that stance, plus you sharing your wheel info, really helps me visualize what mine would look like and what I need to/can do. I already knew that I'll have to narrow two of them for the front. I was thinking 1.5", giving me 18x8 with 4.62 backspacing, which appears to be very close to what you have. I'll try to put 245 series rubber on them. For the rear, I planned to leave them alone and maybe put 285 or 295 rubber on them. The 275 already on them looks good, but 285 or 295 might be better.

The end result should be similar, only on a 70 convertible.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

SW, it looks like you went the Randall's Rack kit i suggested, how do you like it? i wanted to get that kit for my car but i came across a really great deal on a TCP power rack on ebay, it was just the rack and did not include any of the mounting hardware and stuff but even for the $500 that stuff will cost me from TCP i'll still have under $1000 in it, actually more like about $850-900 including shipping so there was no way i could pass it up.

next time i'm down in Austin i'll look you up.:devil:

Please do. I really appreciate all your help, yes I did go with the Randal's Rack set up. This kit really is a true bolt in kit, no issues, no cutting trimming ect. The car steers extremely well, I highly recomend it.

Ok guys, the deal on the rear wheels. You can run a 295/35/18 with just a small amount of inner fender clearance with a hammer in the right spots. My car is really low and the BFG KD tire runs a little big. If I was to go with a Nitto or Toyo Proxy, I wouldn't need a 1/8 space at all. Some tires just run a bit bigger in the same size than others and when your working with tight clearances, size does matter.

Stephen, yes I have a stock width housing.

There is a friend of mine named Rick Flores from San Antonio, some of you guys might know him, he is a big Mustang guy and his red '69 Boss was in Popular Hotrodding a few years ago. He has been a big help to me with alot of advice on my Mustang build. He and a couple of his friends have a hanger full of their Mustangs. Rick built two Mustangs for SEMA '05. His Boss is slammed also and he has 10" TT2s with 295s also. I went down to test fit my rear wheels. Here are some pictures of his stuff and my wheels on his car..

SW

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Original paint Boss 429..

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

My wheels test fitted on his car..

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The orange '70 belongs to a good friend of his, the blue '69 is his brother-n-law's. The orange '70 and the blue '69 are on air ride. In the pictures, there is no air in them. His red Boss is on regular suspension like mine, it drives like it sits. He has alot of n.o.s parts also..

SW

I wonder if something like this would allow larger tires with the removal of the leaf springs entirely?

http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airbarstang.asp'>http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airbarstang.asp

very nice stuff here and some incredible g numbers from a 69 FB.

http://www.ridetech.com

I would love to do this type setup. Anyone want to donate to the cause? Have an extra kidney you're not using that I could sell?

The orange '70 belongs to a good friend of his, the blue '69 is his brother-n-law's. The orange '70 and the blue '69 are on air ride.

What are their opinions on the air ride set up; is it all their ads claim?

MD

where did you get the wheels from!! thanks!

I am a Dealer for Fikse, if you want some let me know.

MD, they are having problems with air leaks. They mounted the compressor/tank under the fold down seat. As soon as they get the leaks fixed, we will see how really good it is..

SW