Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streetking

It's done!

Thanks guys. Here are the specs on the car.

Motor: 351W Eagle Crank, Eagle Rods, J&E pistons, Edlebrock Victor CNC heads and hand ported, Victor intake, custom ground Comp cam, Canton road race oil pan. JBA shorty headers, Demon 750. Final compression is about 10.8. motor made 547hp. Aluminum radiator, dual Spal electric fans, all wiring& relays inside passenger inner fender, DSE remote battery kit.

Trans: TKO 600 5spd. Spec clutch, Hydrolic slave, scatter shield

Rear end: DTS 9" with 3.89 gear,

Suspension: Front is all Global west, upper/lowers, strut bars, 2" dropped springs (1 coil cut) upper A-arms redrilled. Large front sway bar.

Rear, stock rear springs d-arched 3" with 1" lowering block. KYB shocks,

Caltrack traction bars, Randals power rack& pinion.

Brakes are 13" Cobra 4 wheel disc.

Idid it tilt column, Budnik steering wheel

Wheels: Fikse FM5 18x8.5f 245/40/18 BFG KDs 18x10r 295/35/18 BFG KDs

Car was completely disassembled and painted blk and a shaker hood installed with a aftermarket shaker. Since the Victor manifold was too tall for the original lower base, I used a open element airfilter with a drop down base and modified the upper cover to accept the scoop only. The drip rails were also shaved and where the chrome strip wrapped around the quarter glass, the metal had to be spilt and re welded..

Interior: stock dash with factory tach and clock (refinished), stock seats recovered with the "sport seat" covers from NPD.

I have only driven it about 10 miles and it does drive really well and rides great. Unfortunately, we are having some crazy weather and we have sleet everywhere. Thanks again for this great site. Eventhough I own a few GM cars, my first car was a '67 Mustang GT and I have always wanted to build a '69 since that is my favorite year of the Mustang. I built this car to match my '69 Camaro. Here is a pic of that car. 710hp 534ci BB, 6spd, mini tubbed with all Detroit Speed parts..

SW

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Beautiful cars--love the Mustang's stance and the Camaro's engine compartment.

StreetKing hasn't been on the board for two years... no posts since his initial flurry. But t

there is a car underway that I think is going to blow everything away:

check this out:

http://1970mustangvintageracer.shutterfly.com/

Someone posted that link a few years back when i was inquiring about doing the Trans Am nose tuck. Has any progress been made on that, or has it stalled out? I see the last entry was from 09.