Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Streetking

It's done!

I have been a lurker on this site for a while now. I really appreciate all the good information and everytime I asked a question, it was answered. Here are a few pictures. The first ones were when I trailered the car home after getting it back from the bodyshop, the second set were from last night in my garage after finishing the interior(sorry they are not that great)..

SW

day I got it..

standard.jpg

now

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I am constantly amazed at how many beautiful cars are really out there. Here’s a guy who goes from “lurker” to “one-of-the-nicest-69-owners-on-the-board” in one fell swoop. Very nice looking and there looks like there are some nice bits under the hood too. Post up your list of modifications when you get a chance.

PS- I think you’ll find that your 69 Mach 1 will just about stop traffic. I’ve had some other nice cars as well and they don’t compare to the stares and remarks the 69 gets.

When I grow up.....I wanna have a signature just like yours!

Can I have the shed as well, that awesome, I can hardly walk into mine at the moment!

I really like the way you have done the mach 1 hood highlights, and relcoations/finish under the hood.

Really nice looking car, black and stainless in a simple finish can look so much more without badges and clutter.

StreetKing,

Very nice.... Great clean restromod setup.....

Now some questions;

- What's the tire sizes and what did you do to get the stance? Front / rear suspension?

- Obviously the shaker has been modified - how did you get it to fit? Would love to see some detailed pics. My intake (Torker II) is too tall now so the shaker really strains against the hood cutout. My plan is to go to a taller intake (strip Dommy) which would cause me to lose the shaker - which I don't want to do. So, how did you get it to work?

Again - great job and let's see some pics of the shaker and how it is installed.

Thanks guys. Here are the specs on the car.

Motor: 351W Eagle Crank, Eagle Rods, J&E pistons, Edlebrock Victor CNC heads and hand ported, Victor intake, custom ground Comp cam, Canton road race oil pan. JBA shorty headers, Demon 750. Final compression is about 10.8. motor made 547hp. Aluminum radiator, dual Spal electric fans, all wiring& relays inside passenger inner fender, DSE remote battery kit.

Trans: TKO 600 5spd. Spec clutch, Hydrolic slave, scatter shield

Rear end: DTS 9" with 3.89 gear,

Suspension: Front is all Global west, upper/lowers, strut bars, 2" dropped springs (1 coil cut) upper A-arms redrilled. Large front sway bar.

Rear, stock rear springs d-arched 3" with 1" lowering block. KYB shocks,

Caltrack traction bars, Randals power rack& pinion.

Brakes are 13" Cobra 4 wheel disc.

Idid it tilt column, Budnik steering wheel

Wheels: Fikse FM5 18x8.5f 245/40/18 BFG KDs 18x10r 295/35/18 BFG KDs

Car was completely disassembled and painted blk and a shaker hood installed with a aftermarket shaker. Since the Victor manifold was too tall for the original lower base, I used a open element airfilter with a drop down base and modified the upper cover to accept the scoop only. The drip rails were also shaved and where the chrome strip wrapped around the quarter glass, the metal had to be spilt and re welded..

Interior: stock dash with factory tach and clock (refinished), stock seats recovered with the "sport seat" covers from NPD.

I have only driven it about 10 miles and it does drive really well and rides great. Unfortunately, we are having some crazy weather and we have sleet everywhere. Thanks again for this great site. Eventhough I own a few GM cars, my first car was a '67 Mustang GT and I have always wanted to build a '69 since that is my favorite year of the Mustang. I built this car to match my '69 Camaro. Here is a pic of that car. 710hp 534ci BB, 6spd, mini tubbed with all Detroit Speed parts..

SW

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

i hate you, i hate you, i hate you, actually what i really hate is the fact that i don't live in Austin anymore so i can't just cruise over and get a ride and the nickel tour. do you still have the red Firebird? if so you sould post a couple pics of that car as well, there are a few people here that would appreciate that car, besides me.

car looks great!!!!!!

StreetKing,

You wrote "Since the Victor manifold was too tall for the original lower base, I used a open element airfilter with a drop down base and modified the upper cover to accept the scoop only."

Could you expand on this a bit? How you did it and maybe a picture or two? Can it be removed from the filter?

I was going to mount my shaker to the hood and have it move with it but your look is much cleaner and better looking.

And I agree with BNickel - show us what else you have. I love Mustangs but can surely appreciate any muscle car done well and your Camaro certainly applies.... Oh and hate is the wrong word B - envy is much closer to the fact....:001_rolleyes:

Thanks,

69Pony

i have a question, dont take it ina bad way. but what the hell do you do, to get the big bucks to afford the Stang couple Ferrari's, i believe i also seen a Viper, couple Vette's :(

<<Wheels: Fikse FM5 18x8.5f 245/40/18 BFG KDs 18x10r 295/35/18 BFG KDs>>

And people tried to tell us that 18s were "too blingy".

Yep - most I've seen are but those look great. Very well done....

I asked because I was going to do 225/45/17 F and 275/40/17 B. But now I need to rethink that.

A post like this makes me realize that I own a bunch of crap...Beautiful car's..I like the garage floor..

Hehe, it's not crap, man...it's a starter kit! :scooter:

StreetKing,

You wrote "Since the Victor manifold was too tall for the original lower base, I used a open element airfilter with a drop down base and modified the upper cover to accept the scoop only."

Could you expand on this a bit? How you did it and maybe a picture or two? Can it be removed from the filter?

I was going to mount my shaker to the hood and have it move with it but your look is much cleaner and better looking.

And I agree with BNickel - show us what else you have. I love Mustangs but can surely appreciate any muscle car done well and your Camaro certainly applies.... Oh and hate is the wrong word B - envy is much closer to the fact....:001_rolleyes:

Thanks,

69Pony

My shaker does not work like the original, it does shake with the engine, but the air does not flow through it. What I did was use a low profile "drop down" lower base(Moroso) and a short filter and a flat top air lid. I located the scoop with the hood closed and marked some holes in the bottom of the base of the shaker and welded some studs to the aircleaner top and attached the shaker to the lid.

B, Austin is a great place to live except for the last 3 days, we are iced in!!

The Trans Am is on it's way back from Detroit Speed today. They did their first 2 gen mini tubb and I also had them do custom headers, 3" stainless exhaust, Baer brakes and Fikse wheels. I did build all three of these cars except paint/body. All three were painted locally by a friend of mine. I bought everything for the Camaro from Detroit Speed. I sent both the Camaro and Trans AM to Detroit Speed to have them do some upgrades to both cars. Here are a few pictures of the T/A..

SW

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

links to Detroit Speed upgrades..

http://www.detroitspeed.com/projectpages/sw/sw73/sw73_main.htm

http://www.detroitspeed.com/projectpages/sw/sw_main.htm