Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FallujahMedic

'67 Shelby Tail lights on a '69

So me and my sheetmetal guy were looking through some Mustang Mags for inspiration and we both commented on how good the tail lights looked on the '67 Shelby (and Eleanor) and he said "why not?" I looked at him and said "can you do it?" He said "Why Not?"

So to make a long story short we're investigating the matter...ie we're buying parts and seeing if we can make them fit. I didn't like the look of the '69 Shelby tail lights.

Hrmm like he said why not. If he can get the sheetmetal to work/fit it shouldnt be that big of a deal i would think. And if you like the look of them better than more power to ya. Let us know if you make any progress with it.

I'm not really sure how you could escape doing any sheetmetal work. Most of the lights are made to work on a flat panel not a curved one so some kind of fabbing has to be done.

The 67' Shelbies are just Cougar tail lights anyway without the chrome cage on top so you can probrably grab one from a junkyard just to mess around with.

i have a link to a set of 67/68 Cougar taillights if you need them. i can even get the wiring for it. Let me know. going one step further on this idea. what about, instead of having the taillights that stick out. i was thinkin about puttin the 69/70 Cougar lights that dish in on mine. something different, yet still cool. ??? im sure some of you know which lights im talkin bout, wouldnt they look kool on a stang?! as soon as i find a good set, i let you know. but fallujahmedic, let me know if youd take the taillights or not. decent shape, no cracks or breaks that i can see. i even cut the wires far enuff back for you to splice in.

I know most of you would hate this idea or at least hate the car that it comes from but for some reason I have always wanted to get one and a half sets of these 63-67 corvette style lights and do three on each side. They would take up about the same amount of space as a Shelby but keep with the tri-bar kind of theme.

38710.jpg

I know most of you would hate this idea or at least hate the car that it comes from but for some reason I have always wanted to get one and a half sets of these 63-67 corvette style lights and do three on each side. They would take up about the same amount of space as a Shelby but keep with the tri-bar kind of theme.

38710.jpg

i don't really see that working unless you went to flat tail panel, maybe a 70 one would work but then the lights would be at a funny angle.

i don't really see that working unless you went to flat tail panel, maybe a 70 one would work but then the lights would be at a funny angle.

Nope, my Shelby deck lid sticks out way further than stock and I had considered doing an angled straight panel that starts at the original spot at the bottom but tapers up to the new lip of the trunk.