Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

railblazer82

????teardown questions????

I just took out the rear quarter windows, and am wondering how the trim comes out. I got the three retaining nuts inside the body, but where are the rest? I pulled the weatherstripping thinking they might be under there, nope!! Which brings me to my other questions, The aluminum housing for the weatherstripping, does it get replaced with the rubber, or do i need to keep that, and install the new rubber inside it? seems like a pain, but makes sense seing how the attaching screws are underneath the rubber. Also, whats the easiest way to pull the drip rail chrome?? Thanks, adam

You'll re-use the aluminum the weatherstripping sets in. You'll have to remove the drip rail before you can take off the 1/4 window moulding. Try a small scredriver to pry underneath the drip rail chrome, just take your time and try not to bend anything up too bad.

THanks, I guess i asked to fast, it just took a little time to figure out, I really appreciate you guys. I am now have the entire interior out of the car, except the lower dash and wiring. I cant see the benifit of removing these. ANy thoughts?? I guess i need to figure out how to test the wiring. I pulled the heater assembly out, and am also going to pul the blower housing out ( it looks to need repair) I will post pictures soon. Well on the way for paint scheduled for may!!!! I love to hear your comments/suggestions, keep em' coming!!!! Adam