Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

icebluestang

Sweet '69 Convertible on Overhaulin'

Thanks for posting the times, I got to finally catch this episode last night. I will say I liked the look of the car way better on the show than in some of those small pictures from their website, those really don't do it justice. Some of the details aren't for me but as was mentioned the most important thing when building a car is that you build it for your self not for the tastes of the majority so I am happy that you got what you have always wanted.

Some of the details I thought looked really cool. I like the look of the little driving lights in place of the front license plate, they look great, kind of reminded me of a 69' Camaro for some reason. Where the heck does the license plate go though now? The minor chop to the front spoiler looked pretty slick too. I really kind of was digging the way the 65 style MUSTANG letters looked on the front fenders as opposed to the correct script too, I just may steal that idea. I was actually suprised Chip did that since usually most of his rides are stripped clean of emblems. He didn't even use a grill pony in fact.

After seeing how decent your quarters actually were I am totally shocked that he added the fastback quarters to it especialy since he didn't do his usual door lock shaving things. One thing I have to know and you absoultely must take a picture of for me when you get it back is what he did to the sun visor brackets!!!!! I'm sure yours were as pitted as mine were since every set I have seen always is and since it's not reproed I'm curious how he cleaned them up.

i have a question that ive allways wondered? what do they do with the parts they take off the cars and dont put back on , like on yours they didnt use the original seats and they didnt put your engine and trans or rearaxle back in did you get them back? or did you lose them ? does foose have a pile of parts hes taken off all those cars someplace?

the one thing that i couldnt believe is they took out your 351 and put in a 302 even if it was a stroker moter and stuff (being a drag racer it goes against my being to take out more cubes for less ) unless your just trying to make it driveable

another question i have is what happens after the show is done and you see the car and you really dont like something they did? will they change it? or are you stuck with it?

and i hope your never in a hurry to get your drive shaft out with that torque tube thing the person putting it in on the show looked like they were really struggling to get it in

but over all its a very cool car (of course it was before aswell) there are things on it that i dont aggree with but it aint my car and your obviously happy with it so im glad for you

im still upset with foose though

Good info, i always thought the overhaulie' got to drive off into the sunset with the car right away. I guess its good that they do have it checked out though. We are all looking forward to your maiden voyage :P

When foose and chris were fighting what were you thinking? It looked like you were smiling, did you know at that point?

Ya actually when their car pulled up i recognized Chip right away LOL. I didnt want to act like i wasnt suprised at that point so i kept going along with it but i knew it was him. :saddam:

i have a question that ive allways wondered? what do they do with the parts they take off the cars and dont put back on , like on yours they didnt use the original seats and they didnt put your engine and trans or rearaxle back in did you get them back? or did you lose them ? does foose have a pile of parts hes taken off all those cars someplace?

They go to the graveyard!!

Overhaulin,-Dec.-

We gave chip the old motor, i think he said he might put it in one of his trucks :)

the one thing that i couldnt believe is they took out your 351 and put in a 302 even if it was a stroker moter and stuff (being a drag racer it goes against my being to take out more cubes for less ) unless your just trying to make it driveable

Ya actually one of my plans when i restored the car was to take the rowdy 351 out of there and put in a mild stock 302 or 351. At this point in my life i am done drag racing and i was tired of how that motor idled around town and you could hardly hear yourself think in there. I wanted something that i could just cruise in up and down PCH but still have some power too. So this motor they put in is perfect for me. Even if i had 500 horsepower i cant afford to replace the tires so it wouldnt do me much good LOL. I'd be too scared to drive this thing crazy.

another question i have is what happens after the show is done and you see the car and you really dont like something they did? will they change it? or are you stuck with it?

I wouldnt even consider asking them to change one thing... i am so greatful for what they did that if chip painted the car in shades of green and yellow puke i would still be happy.

Ya actually when their car pulled up i recognized Chip right away LOL. I didnt want to act like i wasnt suprised at that point so i kept going along with it but i knew it was him. :saddam:

I knew it! I could tell by the look on your face.

Hey Dave,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on an excellent ride!! I have to say I'm partial to the Mach quarters and tail ,it's amazing how Chip worked it into the deck lid,Again Welcome to the site and congratulations !!

Welcome to the board dsnow, love the show, watched it last night, and I love everything they did to the car, they did what you wanted and that's perfect IMO. I hope to see that car somewhere in the Southwest show circuit, :). Good luck with it and enjoy it!!!

so your saying all your parts they didnt put back on except for the engine went to the junkyard? do you know what your scoop and buckets seat would of brought on ebay or else where?

is there anyway you could post a pic of it finished with the trunklid open from the rear? im curious about how wide the tops of the 1/4's are now

Honestly I thought you were on to them from the start or even in on the whole thing with your dad, when the cop showed up to look in your garage I swear I caught a smirk or two as opposed to the "oh man, WTF" expression I would have anticipated.

I also have to say that I am pretty disapointed and appauled to learn that all those parts go to waste, many of them are very re-usable and not reproduced. I would have killed to get my hands on an original end cap 2 years ago as would many of the members on here today and lots of folks would have snagged even just the seat frames in a heart beat not to mention the seat tracks.:glare:

I also have to say that I am pretty disapointed and appauled to learn that all those parts go to waste, many of them are very re-usable and not reproduced. I would have killed to get my hands on an original end cap 2 years ago as would many of the members on here today and lots of folks would have snagged even just the seat frames in a heart beat not to mention the seat tracks.:glare:

They dont go to waste, they wrapped them all up and sent them off with the mustang guys who worked on my car... so you can rest easy knowing they'll find their way back into someone elses ride :)

hey just wanted to say welcome to the forums lovin the black paint job alot. very nice set up on that convert glad that u enjoy ur car! i wish my car was overhauled lol! i was wondering on ur rear end diff was it an 8 or 9? and what gears did they install?

hey just wanted to say welcome to the forums lovin the black paint job alot. very nice set up on that convert glad that u enjoy ur car! i wish my car was overhauled lol! i was wondering on ur rear end diff was it an 8 or 9? and what gears did they install?

hey rwcstang, thanks man :)

It's a 9" rear with 3.55's.

WOW! Dave, that's amazing, I love everything about it!

The wheels don't appear to be black as others have mentioned, they look to be a dark grey color, similar to the interior color which I think gives a perfect effect. This concept is also used in many hot rods, eg. black cars may have a red interior with red wheels, it's a nice look.

I also like the sportsroof rear panels and the deletion of the side markers, a very nice smooth look! It's a bit of a shame, though, that they went to all that effort but didn't straighten out your hood, it seems to bow up a little in the center.

Now, hopefully I will get to see this episode sometime before 2011 here in Australia.

yeah the hood actually had a gap in it on the left side where you see it bowing up a bit.. that is one of the things they are fixing right now i hope hehe. Thanks for the kind words :) your convertible is NICE!!!

it might no actually be the hood, the fenders are supposed to have a slight "high spot" in the center and most don't anymore from prople sitting on them, the attaching rail gets hammered flat during bodywork stage, etc. so in reality the fender should have a bow that matches the hood.

BTW dsnow: Now for an important question - How does AJ look in person? I like Courtney better, though her voice is raspy.

i like Courtney a lot better now that she's on Spike, i think she got a boob job too!!!! either that or some super duper wonder bra.

BTW dsnow: Now for an important question - How does AJ look in person? I like Courtney better, though her voice is raspy.

LOL, I was meaning to pop in here and ask if she smelled good. :001_tt1:

Hi everyone!

I just watched the episode of overhalin' on norwegian television today and I think the did a great job.

Can enyone tell me what the paint code is on this car?

Or maybe tell me where it got painted?

Regards.

Roger

i like Courtney a lot better now that she's on Spike, i think she got a boob job too!!!! either that or some super duper wonder bra.

She looks like an overly made up hooker now on Spike. She was much more real and naturally pretty on Overhauling.

Also, for the guys that want to watch the show... This is an old thread, that episode aired years ago. I don't even know if they still run the reruns on TLC.

They killed all the cool car shows for the damn parent +a billion kids reality crap...