Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

icebluestang

Sweet '69 Convertible on Overhaulin'

I just finished watching it and it was a pretty cool build overall, there were a few things i would've done differently but it turned out pretty cool in the end.

I thought the modified front spoiler was cool and those flames kicked ass.

I just finished watching it and it was a pretty cool build overall, there were a few things i would've done differently but it turned out pretty cool in the end.

I thought the modified front spoiler was cool and those flames kicked ass.

How does everybody feel about the fastback quarters they put on it? I could go either way on them.

Now I know he's grateful to have his car fixed up, but it the back of my mind I'd be upset they took my 351 and swapped it with a 302. Why not put in a stroked 351 instead.

How does everybody feel about the fastback quarters they put on it? I could go either way on them.

Now I know he's grateful to have his car fixed up, but it the back of my mind I'd be upset they took my 351 and swapped it with a 302. Why not put in a stroked 351 instead.

I thought it was sweet as well, the 351 should stay though.

Liked the Fastback rear they put on, made the car look a bit tougher to me.

But I am as biased as they come....

I would be ticked if they took my 426W and threw in a 302...

I thought it was sweet as well, the 351 should stay though.

Liked the Fastback rear they put on, made the car look a bit tougher to me.

But I am as biased as they come....

I would be ticked if they took my 426W and threw in a 302...

Where's Pakrat? I'm sure he has something to say about this convertible.

i'm sure he's on the phone with his body guy as we speak. he's always wanted to add at least the scoops from a fastback to his vert but after seeing this i'm sure he'll be wanting the full 1/4 treatment. i'm watching as i type this so i'll reserve judgement until i see the finished product but what i've seen so far is looking good

Where's Pakrat? I'm sure he has something to say about this convertible.

i'm sure he's on the phone with his body guy as we speak. he's always wanted to add at least the scoops from a fastback to his vert but after seeing this i'm sure he'll be wanting the full 1/4 treatment. i'm watching as i type this so i'll reserve judgement until i see the finished product but what i've seen so far is looking good

I have to say that that is one of the ugliest jobs I have ever seen done on Overhaulin. With all the jump cuts the way they film that show, I could never see how the quarters really looked, and that picture isn't high-rez enough to see either. The modernized but all-black interior is ugly, IMHO, and the stripes obscure the Shinoda "bulge" on the hood. And those black wheels? The major tool used to build that car was the ugly stick!

I would love to see those fastback quarters (that might be a genius idea) on a lighter shade, and maybe a blackout Mach or Boss stripe style hood treatment. Foose has done better Mustangs like the '70 he did. The interior should stay stock-looking IMHO, but I know the dad said to "Foose" the interior.

And what's with swapping in a SMALLER engine? ;)

I have to say that that is one of the ugliest jobs I have ever seen done on Overhaulin. With all the jump cuts the way they film that show, I could never see how the quarters really looked, and that picture isn't high-rez enough to see either. The modernized but all-black interior is ugly, IMHO, and the stripes obscure the Shinoda "bulge" on the hood. And those black wheels? The major tool used to build that car was the ugly stick!

I would love to see those fastback quarters (that might be a genius idea) on a lighter shade, and maybe a blackout Mach or Boss stripe style hood treatment. Foose has done better Mustangs like the '70 he did. The interior should stay stock-looking IMHO, but I know the dad said to "Foose" the interior.

And what's with swapping in a SMALLER engine? ;)