Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheo69GT

Buck Tag decoding

I know there's a german site that has quite a few of these. How about we start our own database of them? Strictly 69-70. Here's my buck tag codes and what I've found they mean, internet searches anyway, they could be wrong.

PB - Power Brakes

GT - GT Equipment Group

LP - Louvered Panel? (Haven't really found a good decode for this one)

DE - Dual Exhaust

CL - Convenience light group

PS - Power Steering

HP - Hood Pins

All of the codes match the equipment in the car, and I was lucky that the tag was still in the car when I bought it. This is a Metuchen tag, so others I'm sure would be different. I understand San Jose cars had them, maybe Detroit, I've heard both, although it was rare for Detroit cars, correct me if I'm wrong :). I also understand that the buck tag may be different than what was actually put in the car, some options never made it to the car I guess. I've heard of "Boss" in tags on none Boss cars, and GT on none GT cars, although, I know of several Mach1s with it. It would be interesting to see if the tag is mostly correct, or mostly wrong, LOL..

The LP, I would definately like to know about. TIA..

I know there's a german site that has quite a few of these. How about we start our own database of them? Strictly 69-70. Here's my buck tag codes and what I've found they mean, internet searches anyway, they could be wrong.

PB - Power Brakes

GT - GT Equipment Group

DE - Dual Exhaust

PS - Power Steering

HP - Hood Pins

All of the codes match the equipment in the car, and I was lucky that the tag was still in the car when I bought it. This is a Metuchen tag, so others I'm sure would be different. I understand San Jose cars had them, maybe Detroit, I've heard both, although it was rare for Detroit cars, correct me if I'm wrong :). I also understand that the buck tag may be different than what was actually put in the car, some options never made it to the car I guess. I've heard of "Boss" in tags on none Boss cars, and GT on none GT cars, although, I know of several Mach1s with it. It would be interesting to see if the tag is mostly correct, or mostly wrong, LOL..

some of the inf on my tag is, DW AC PB 1DG VG RM RAC EXT

do know what any of this means???

I just bought this mustang a couple of weeks ago

It is a 63B Model, 9F02Hxxxxxx Color C

Some unusual codes there. I don't know them, hopefully someone here knows. Thanks for posting, this is what I was hoping to get.

It's a sportsroof luxury interior, 351 2V, built in Dearborn, MI, in Black Jade Metallic, nice color BTW. That's based on your info, the door tag, vin and buck tag can give you more info. And you can always get the Marty report, it costs but worth it :). AC and PB are easy, Air Conditioned, Power Brakes.

some of the inf on my tag is, DW AC PB 1DG VG RM RAC EXT

do know what any of this means???

I just bought this mustang a couple of weeks ago

It is a 63B Model, 9F02Hxxxxxx Color C

Some unusual codes there. I don't know them, hopefully someone here knows. Thanks for posting, this is what I was hoping to get.

It's a sportsroof luxury interior, 351 2V, built in Dearborn, MI, in Black Jade Metallic, nice color BTW. That's based on your info, the door tag, vin and buck tag can give you more info. And you can always get the Marty report, it costs but worth it :). AC and PB are easy, Air Conditioned, Power Brakes.

PB - Power Brakes

GT - GT Equipment Group

DE - Dual Exhaust

PS - Power Steering

HP - Hood Pins

there is actually quite a bit of speculation on the what the GT means. most people feel that it means the car was equipped with the competition suspension which was standard only on the GT and Boss 302, obviously GT is shorter and easier to stamp on a buck tag. that would also explain why it's seen on some Mach 1's but not all. i got this from one of the concours guys on the VMF, Charles Turner i think.

Metuchen and San Jose cars got buck tags for the most part but for some reason Dearborn cars didn't seem to get them, mine didn't have one.

PB - Power Brakes

GT - GT Equipment Group

DE - Dual Exhaust

PS - Power Steering

HP - Hood Pins

there is actually quite a bit of speculation on the what the GT means. most people feel that it means the car was equipped with the competition suspension which was standard only on the GT and Boss 302, obviously GT is shorter and easier to stamp on a buck tag. that would also explain why it's seen on some Mach 1's but not all. i got this from one of the concours guys on the VMF, Charles Turner i think.

Metuchen and San Jose cars got buck tags for the most part but for some reason Dearborn cars didn't seem to get them, mine didn't have one.