Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cupid

BARNYARD Treasures

I love this topic. I have some photos of cars that I would love to post if I can find them. One photo is of a 67 Shelby GT350 and a Pantera just rotting away in Avon, IN. I tired to buy them but I got the same old story about how he was going to restore them and they were not for sale. Blah, Blah, Blah.... They had been sitting since the 1980's. Someone got to him since they are now gone.

... I tired to buy them but I got the same old story about how he was going to restore them and they were not for sale. Blah, Blah, Blah.... They had been sitting since the 1980's. Someone got to him since they are now gone.

Possible the guy that was going to build them passed away. I've seen that before. Some guy is going to 'rebuild that car' and he's still going to when he's 85 years old. Kinda sad actually.

I remember I wanted a 71 or 72 Javelin for my first car back in 1974. Even built a nice orange 1/24th scale just like I wanted it. Never found anything like it and ended up with an orange Mustang. I guess things turned out ok :)

-Stephen

I remember I wanted a 71 or 72 Javelin for my first car back in 1974. Even built a nice orange 1/24th scale just like I wanted it. ....

-Stephen

I'll admit it too, I have a soft spot for those old 401 AMXs.

I remember when I was a kid on vacation with my parents. Something silver flashed past our car while driving through Alabama. It was going so fast I could barely see it. It was an Alabama State Patrolman in a javelin.

there is a guy around the corner from me that has a really nice 68 or 69 javelin. it's painted an aqua color very similar to Gulfstream Aqua and it has a white vinyl top. cool car and he actually drives it too. i also know where there is a AMC Rebel Machine too, it's been sitting for at least 20 years in the same spot but the guy does at least keep it covered with a good car cover.

In town here there is a '67 fastback ,not sure what engine ,the first time I saw it was '81 , every year it sink's lower ,and lower into the driveway...sad.

Not sure if this count's ,the photo below is at my mother in law's home ,she purchased the Chevelle new in '67 ,and it been in her garage with a blown transmission since...well the last inspection is '74. She gave the car to us when my wife's father passed away, she also gave us the car that was sitting next to it her dad's '59 Edsel 2dr ,I opted to keep the Chevelle