Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cupid

BARNYARD Treasures

I thought it would be cool to start a barnyard treasure post! Since I don't have any of 69/70 Stangs, I have to start with what I have. Most of us love old iron regardless of what it is anyway.

1929ModelT.jpg

Plymouth GTX (True 440 car)

PLGTX.jpg

Malibu convertible. Looks like a 70 Camaro and a slew of other old iron in the background.

Malibuvert-camaro.jpg

These were taken when I was a Mopar fanatic, but since I'm a Ford guy now, I plan to go back around Christmas time to search this guy's yard for the good stuff! I'll keep you posted! If you are interested in these cars, i'll be willing to talk to the guy for you.

Great topic !! When I was a youngster, I had an uncle that was ( still is, in fact, has a 63 1/2 Galaxie R CODE 427 ) a huge Ford fan. In the barn was a 69 Mustang 428 engine that was pulled due to a rod-knock. There was also a 390 GT engine & toploader out of a 68 that was running when pulled due to the rusty body. I can remember a shaker hood leaning inside the barn. There was a abundance of Clevelands in there too. Well the 428 was saved, but the rest of the stuff is long gone, along with the barn. The 68 body lays upside down in the woods. I can remember playing frisbee with a shaker chrome lid from the 428. Now that set up is 1500.00 on ebay ! If we could only go back in time......

I saw two 69 verts in a junkyard for sale yesterday. I left my darn camera at home so no pics. They are on the east coast so lemme know if you are interested. They'll need some work, but everything looked okay at first glance(no major parts missing or huge dents). I think the guy said one was 5K and the other was 10K. Sounds a little steep if you ask me...or maybe I just don't know how much verts are going for these days.

I saw two 69 verts in a junkyard for sale yesterday. I left my darn camera at home so no pics. They are on the east coast so lemme know if you are interested. They'll need some work, but everything looked okay at first glance(no major parts missing or huge dents). I think the guy said one was 5K and the other was 10K. Sounds a little steep if you ask me...or maybe I just don't know how much verts are going for these days.

Where on the east coast exactly? I'm still looking for a convertible fame part.

Where on the east coast exactly? I'm still looking for a convertible fame part.

i would love to own a 68 gtx (im still a mopar fan that X would look good next to my 69 runner) my favorite of all the gtxs but alas i cant afford one unless it was free ............ and yes those prices on the converts are a bit out there in my opinion i bought my white coupe running and drivng for 1500.00

i would love to own a 68 gtx (im still a mopar fan that X would look good next to my 69 runner) my favorite of all the gtxs but alas i cant afford one unless it was free ............ and yes those prices on the converts are a bit out there in my opinion i bought my white coupe running and drivng for 1500.00

:detective: The latest issue of Muscle Car Review (Winter 2006 issue) has an article called Mangled Mustangs that shows a bunch of classic Mustangs in a salvage yard. Nothing really exotic but neat and kinda sad at the same time.

:detective: The latest issue of Muscle Car Review (Winter 2006 issue) has an article called Mangled Mustangs that shows a bunch of classic Mustangs in a salvage yard. Nothing really exotic but neat and kinda sad at the same time.

Wow! Just got back from this guy's junkyard and I have a lot of pics and cool cars to show you. I'll post everything when I get back to a place that has a cable modem. Should be Christmas Day...

btw...the GTX is sold..:censored:

Wow! Just got back from this guy's junkyard and I have a lot of pics and cool cars to show you. I'll post everything when I get back to a place that has a cable modem. Should be Christmas Day...

btw...the GTX is sold..:censored: