Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

Project Name

so i was gettin bored, and decided that my car needed a kool project name like all the big boys have. but i dont want a name somebody else has or is using. anybody got any ideas for a killer name?

heres a little info on some of the "Wanna Do's" 351 stroked to 428. custom Blue and Silver paint. pretty much original stock interior,except for the seats. spoilers, louvers (YES, louvers on a coupe, figured out how to do it, WITHOUT the 65/66 coupe louvers from the Mags.)

well you can't use Phantom Lord, that one's taken. it's mine. i usually name my cars based on something that happened while driving the car or working on it.

i named mine Phantom Lord (actually a friend named it) because i was making a road trip from west texas to Austin and i was driving along near Dyess AFB in Abilene when i got a fly by from an F-4 Phantom jet it just happened that i was listening to Metallica's Kill 'em All album and the song that was playing was Phantom Lord. i told my buddy about it when i got to Austin and he said "well you're just going to have to call the car Phantom Lord then". it stuck so we all still call it that.

my old 70 cougar was called Godzilla because i nearly hit some guy crossing the street not paying attention to traffic and the radio was playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult. same friend was with me that time. you see a pattern forming here?

we used to call my wife's old 2001 explorer Dora the explorer because my daughter watched Dora the explorer on tv all the time.

I've never been a fan of project names myself for cars. I guess since I've had mine forever it's never occured to me to name it. But then again I have named a couple chopper bikes and the latest GoMo gokart project (which is eating all my Mustang time)

I think I'd have to call mine "SomeDay"

Maybe you can come up with an acronym or something?

-Stephen

We already call my project "the Mach". No pretense....that's just what it is. Just like we call the '95 project "the Mustang", and the '79 project had two names: "the racecar" and "the mini-stock". Not to flamboyant but we knew which Mustang we were talking about!! lol

I thought about naming my Grande' 7TGrand, but there is no way that I want to spend that much money on it and plus, that's more of a license plate if anything. Yep, you heard it here first! I may pick that one up. Okay, back to the topic. I ended up settling on Project Grande'Daddy. I don't know why, it just stuck. The fellas like Ole' Blue as well, but i'm painting it silver so you can have that one.:thumbup1:

Well my cars had many names over the 12 years I've owned it but most of them not good. It's latest name is Killer after it learned what a cat is. My Explorer was having issuse so I drove the Mustang. There was some long grass by the road side and it was dark on my way to work. Then out of no where I saw a cat flying towards my car. And yes I said flying it wasn't walking or running. It flew right into my front spoiler. There was no time to avoid it. I knew it was a gonna after it went under the tire. Now usually this would upset me but for some reason I got instantly pissed. I didn't even want to look at my front spoiler as I thought it would be hanging on by 1 screw. But to my surprise there was no sign of the kitty hit.

Falluja medic calls his the "ridiculon", or something close to that. I think that's a pretty fair name for a car that I have spent this much money on. I might steal it.....the name, not the car.

Falluja medic calls his the "ridiculon", or something close to that. I think that's a pretty fair name for a car that I have spent this much money on. I might steal it.....the name, not the car.

Haha, that's me not FM! :thumbup1:

Man, I only wish the 4000 was reflective of how many dollars had been spent on this ridiculous car. (Which currently doesn't even run, being that there's a gaping void where the engine is supposed to be!)

I had named my car Roxanne when I first got her, in memmory of my first dog. Since the accident and rebuild though I have started to refer to it as project Mongoose (in hopes that one day it would be eating Cobra's for breakfast). Plus I'd imagine they might have Pakrat's as friends. It was a name I had hoped to use one day for a Mustang restoration shop but that will likely never happen. If Ford keeps up with the whole law suit business though who knows, their may be enough interest in building our cars without using their name then we realize. I had contemplated doing some custom trunk and fender emblems using the same scripts at one time.

How about Cornbred (instead of thoroughbred), Des Mustang or Mussisstippi?

My kids named the shop SOB, Shop Out Back. All of my Mustangs are SOB's, LOL, can't say I don't agree with them.

Of course they both want a "cool" Mustang to drive to school. Odds are they won't get it :sleeping:

Ok i thought of a cool name, but not for my car. you know how the Boss 429 is supposed to be Ford's "hemi" engine right. well how about the project name "Hemi-Liminator" on a Boss 429 powered car. either a mustang, or what would be kool is a 69 or 70 Cougar Eliminator. get it Eliminator "Hemi-Liminator" anywho, thought of that while gettin bored in class today. DONT YOU GO STEALIN THE NAME THOUGH!!!! i will get a Boss 429 powered beast and call it that. :D