Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

Hi-Backs

i recently purchased a set of 70 Hi-back buckets for $15, they are standard Hi-backs and i was wondering what the major difference is between Mach 1 seat foam and standard seat foam. is it that Mach seats have the one rib molded in and standards have no ribs or what?

So let's go the next step. I have a pair of 71-73 standard fronts that I purchased long ago and used for years. My existing rear seat is a standard for the Coupe. I'd eventually like to get a kit to re-cover both fronts and back that would match. I could get new foam up front I guess if needed.

Anyone know if the seat frames are different between the 71-73 and the 69/70 high backs? If I remember correctly they bolted in with little mods.

I'm wondering if it will just be easier/cheaper to get it all recovered by someone or get a pair of front Scats that and have the back matched but I'm still up in the air for a solution someday.

-Stephen

i'm pretty sure the 71-73 seat frames are different but i think the rear seat frames are the same for the coupes.

Ahh.. so there is a possibilty of using the 71-73 kits both front and back then. Interesting. I have quite some time to think about it but I have been wondering.

-Stephen

thats ok. i just bought off ebay for $15 like I said. BUT I COULDN'T LET THE OTHER GUY HAVE THE SEATS AT NO RESERVE FOR $9.99!!! so i stole um away from him for only 15 buckaroos. good deal dont ya think?! i dont know if i should keep um, for a "just in case" type of thing, or try and sell um for $200 or $300 or so. seeins how its KINDA rare to have Hi-Back buckets.