Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

Mustangs Plus Fall '06 Display pics

Went to the Mustangs Plus display yesterday. Met Cupid (Tim) who owns a '70 Grande but wasn't able to bring it. Nice variety of '69s but no '70s in attendence.

My '69 CJ Grande

MP_06_69_CJ_Grande.jpg

'69 SportsRoof with stroked 351

MP_06_johnpro_69_sportsroof.jpgMP_06_johnpro_69_sportsroof.jpg

'69 Convertible

MP_06_ragtop_69_conv.jpg

Clean '69 Grande but not thrilled with some of his mods.

MP_06_Grande_deluxe.jpg

'69 Mach 1 with 460 stroked to 514

MP_06_514_Mach_1.jpg

'69 Mach 1

MP_06_red_69_Mach.jpg

'69 Coupe

MP_06_69_coupe.jpg

'69 Coupe

MP_06_silver_jade_69_coupe.jpg

'69 Mach 1

MP_06_69_blue_mach_1.jpg

'69 Q-code Mach 1

MP_06_69_428_Mach_1.jpg

Yeah, it was definitely a good time. Nice Stangs all around. And yes, the CJ Grande looks better in person! :thumbup: Awesome car.

I have to say....I was a bit let down that there weren't any 70's in the bunch.:huh: Not one! I should have taken mine, but I have quite a bit of work to do before I put her on the road for 3 hours. Soon...very soon!

Nice representation indeed. Ya know, I'm all for originality and trying not to make your car look like every single other one out there and I would never shit on anyones ride or personal tastes but I hate seeing a car that has gone overboard or just shows generally poor judgement like that other Grande or the Mach with the 514. Cars are like a recipes, they need just a pinch of this and a dash of that to be unique and tasteful.

Nice representation indeed. Ya know, I'm all for originality and trying not to make your car look like every single other one out there and I would never shit on anyones ride or personal tastes but I hate seeing a car that has gone overboard or just shows generally poor judgement like that other Grande or the Mach with the 514. Cars are like a recipes, they need just a pinch of this and a dash of that to be unique and tasteful.

The 514 Mach actually isn't that bad, especially when he has the hood on it. Might not be much of a driver though. The blue Grande has been around at the local show for a couple of years now. He is a big blow hard. Keeps telling me that his is a "Grande Deluxe" and they only built 1200 of them. No such thing as a "Grande Deluxe." The side pipes have to go, the wheels have to go, the rear spoiler probably. He cut the hole in the hood for a Mr Gasket scoop. Looks to early '80s for me. Actually side pipes are more '70s. It is clean and nicely detailed just not executed very well.

The 514 Mach actually isn't that bad, especially when he has the hood on it. Might not be much of a driver though. The blue Grande has been around at the local show for a couple of years now. He is a big blow hard. Keeps telling me that his is a "Grande Deluxe" and they only built 1200 of them. No such thing as a "Grande Deluxe." The side pipes have to go, the wheels have to go, the rear spoiler probably. He cut the hole in the hood for a Mr Gasket scoop. Looks to early '80s for me. Actually side pipes are more '70s. It is clean and nicely detailed just not executed very well.

Sounds like the Grande owner matches his car perfectly, lol. As for the 514 I'm sure hood on looks better (it would have to) but those black side scoops really detract from an otherwise clean smooth lined car. Like I said to each his own but more just isn't always better. Just the opposite is far more effective like the sleeper you have built.

I think the guy may mean he has Deluxe interior. :001_tt2: That's what he has. At least that's what I run into when I bought the interior for my Grande'. Everything (seats, doorpanels, console) was listed as "Deluxe" from the manufacturers.

One thing I did enjoy about it was the 8-track player he had.

I think the guy may mean he has Deluxe interior. :001_tt2: That's what he has. At least that's what I run into when I bought the interior for my Grande'. Everything (seats, doorpanels, console) was listed as "Deluxe" from the manufacturers.

One thing I did enjoy about it was the 8-track player he had.

all grande's had deluxe interior. the difference between a regular deluxe interior and the grande interior is teh grande had cloth inserts in the seats and the deluxe had comfortweave vinyl inserts

No Tim. This guy actually thinks his Grande is more special than other Grandes. I've talked to him at past shows but this is the first time that he ever listened to me since my Grande is done. Before he just BS'd all the time and thought I didn't know anything since I was taking my SportsRoof or '89 GT to the show. He even took a couple of pictures of his car, blew them up to poster size and had the local Kragen Auto Parts display the car on their wall.

Boy, I feel like I was at the show, nice coverage. What a selection of stocks and modifieds and a few that look like they are stuck between both worlds. Definitely some, er, unique tastes their as well. I wasn't digging the shaker in a stock 67/68 hood look at all or the painting your LeMans stripes under the entire hood and engine bay thingy but I loved the subtle ghost flames on that 65/66 silver fastback. One thing I will never get is folks who look like they basically just bought a new car off the lot and drove it to a show as is. Compared to folks who have blood and seat into their classics or even at least those who spend big bucks modding a new car on top of making monthly payments. I would never insult any of them but as I walked by barely giving it a second glance inside I'd be like "Oooo big whoop!"