Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbiedog

gallery updated for 302 stroker restomod

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/302-Stroker-Restomod?page=4

see the last pic on page 4, then all of page 5. The hood was cut for the shaker, need to fabricate a spacer to bring the rear of the shaker up a little higher. On page 5 is another pic of the shaker, and then a pic of the rear spoiler. They're drilling the holes for the louvers before they paint. Probably start the final coat next week, then a few weeks of installing various stuff (glass, etc). Christmas maybe?

I finally chose my color. It's called Graphite Metallic from a 2004 Dodge Neon, color code "PDR". The guy is going to put 3 coats of color on, then 2 coats of clear. He said the clear is 1 mil thick on each coat.

He's done an unbelievably detailed job on the car, especially the sheet metal work. All the lines of the car are perfect now. He even added metal where it didn't fit perfectly. I'm paying thru the nose here, and I hope others will be able to appreciate the detail! Especially the guy who eventually buys it from me.......

A reminder, this car is a Fastback GT. Nothing under the hood is original. It has a new 302 stroker, 500hp (will do a dyno and check it), Lentech AOD with a Hurst shifter, transmission cooler, Edelbrock EFI, Baer disc brakes, Global West suspension, March serpentine pullys, Moser 3.7 Center Section, JBA Shorty Headers, Recaro Bucket seats, Elec. radiator fan, 20" radiator, aluminum driveshaft, Battery cutout (to keep my 17 year old from borrowing it), Perfect Fit air cond, shaker just installed, 17x8 Edelbrock 454 wheels, BF Goodrich G-Force 255-50-17 tires, TCP Power Rack, all new glass with electric conversion windows, JME gauge cluster, Stereo and CD changer, keyless entry, and more damned bells and whistles than my bank account allows. Yes, I suppose I'm bragging a little. It's just about finished now, perhaps by January it will be my daily driver. The wife has no idea how much this has cost, nor will she ever. It's my little secret. I also told her it would be "very quiet".....heh heh heh......

Looking sweet man.. Aren't you on the North side of Dallas somewhere??

I hope to be down in that area in mid February for a conference... maybe I can beg a ride for motivational purposes if you have it done by then.. :biggrin:

-Stephen

Thanks,

Last year we were at the Hilton at LBJ and North Tollway. I wanted to make a trip over to Dallas Mustang but didn't get the time during the week. Looks like this year I'll be in Grapevine. I'll touch base with you before then and see if something can be worked out.

Thanks

-Stephen