Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

Hey Pak... forgive me.

Forgive me, but I gotta share.... I scored a (another) hood tach last week on eBay. It ain't in the best of shape, and the price was much higher than the first one I bought on eBay (for $32 shipped back in 2002), but I knew the buy-it-now was cheap enough at $75 to make it worthwhile (especially considering how expensive they've become). In fact, it made me feel extra good when a comparable hood tach on eBay sold a couple days later for $135.

Anyway, I got it today and thought I'd share a couple pics:

img0737smallii0.th.jpg img0741smallhy8.th.jpg

Here's the auction I won for $75: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=180035563684&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Here's the one that sold for $135: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=170034516908&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Now I have two of 'em I need to rebuild... or maybe I can make one good one from the two. Hmmm....

It's ugly and I hate you! First you rub the Fiero seats you never used in my face and now this. I wish you were dead.

:hang:

J/K DB, I actually have no regrets (so far) with the repro I have chosen to go with, especially at the price I am getting. I wouldn't buy from ebay anyway and after I saw what the tachman charges to rebuild these things I think I may be better off with a newer mechanically designed piece that is ready to bolt on out of the box than an original piece, especially with my cars design direction.

Besides, I have all time all day access to my car whenever I choose, I am going outside to work on it right now in fact. nahnah nah nahnah.:001_tt2:

J/K DB, I actually have no regrets (so far) with the repro I have chosen to go with, especially at the price I am getting. I wouldn't buy from ebay anyway and after I saw what the tachman charges to rebuild these things I think I may be better off with a newer mechanically designed piece that is ready to bolt on out of the box than an original piece, especially with my cars design direction.

I kinda agree with you on that. The TachMan is nuts for the kinda money he wants. But for me, I just can't seem to resist the chance to buy these things and see if I can do the same thing for cheap. I mean they're not really very complicated pieces of technology, especially the electronics. Fixing the stupid needle assembly will be the most difficult part I think.

Oh, and as for...

Besides, I have all time all day access to my car whenever I choose, I am going outside to work on it right now in fact. nahnah nah nahnah.:001_tt2:

It's ugly and I hate you! :lol:

:lol: