Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

It won't be long before they come after us.....

Just when I start hoping and praying that the whole 67' Eleahor thing is dying down someone decides to compete with a new contender in the ring.:confused1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Gene-Winfields-1968-Fastback-Maybellene-Mustang-Series_W0QQitemZ300036729068QQihZ020QQcategor%20%20yZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe it's me or maybe it's Maybellene, but while I like the concept of some of the stuff I'm just not digging the execution at all.:closedeyes:

The front end looks um well i cant even think of a word that describes it. I like alot about the car besides the hood and the front end. Some other parts have to go also.

well i like MY idea for the side scoops. at one time i had thought about switching from my shelby side scoops to a 69 trans am style front fender scoop mounted in place of my shelby side scoops. the looks is very similar to those scoops on that car. i think it would have looked good on my car. otherwise i don't much like the rest of the car, whether Gene Winfield built the car or not

I guess I'm odd man out - I dig it - especially the front....

Not too crazy about the sail scoops and don't like the mural.

But I would love to have it and fix a few things.

That is the car I posted about here:

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1365

Personally I like it.. except the underhood art work. I know the guy that did it and would never have dreamed he could do that but I still don't like it.

The car is quite impressive in person and very well built. No hack work here, I promise.

It will be interesting how it goes. He plans on building 20 more in different colors.

Edit: Interesting, I thought they were putting the 5.4L in it. Looks like it says 4.6 on the side.

I might have to track Compton down for a ride.. :)

-Stephen

I think this will work as it appears they have pulled the login requirements. Here is the local story on it.

http://news-star.com/stories/100606/new_20061006051.shtml

BTW Compton is a very nice guy and offered to help me on my coupe when I was working on the shocktower. My son and I wasted a couple hours of his time back in July. He really enjoyed talking Stangs and listening to questions.

-Stephen

Well, like I said, I like alot of the ideas and the concepts, I just think the execution is off, like to much sugar in the cake batter. You can spend an ungodly amount chroming out an entire engine bay let's say but that doesn't mean it will look better then one with just a modest but tasteful amount in it. If I was shelling out 100k + for a car I wouldn't want to have to undo, change or add a single thing to it. It should be tight and perfect from 360* for that money in my book.

the front end appeasr to be stock 68 Shelby and the hood is a cross between a cowl hood and a stock 68 shelby hood. so from the front it looks just like a stock 68 shelby for the most part. the tr-bar headlights do not look right however and make the lights look like giant Bugeyes.

sorry i cant post a link but check out ebay item number 300036532541

eeeeeeeewwww, the first car i liked, it was maybe a little overdone in some parts, like those side scoops and fog lights... but that '70 is just fugly

by the way heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D300036532541%26fvi%3D1&item=300036532541

the front end appeasr to be stock 68 Shelby and the hood is a cross between a cowl hood and a stock 68 shelby hood. so from the front it looks just like a stock 68 shelby for the most part. the tr-bar headlights do not look right however and make the lights look like giant Bugeyes.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, but Shelbys aren't my area of knowledge. Not a bad car, but that is an awful amount of money. I won't ever have to worry about buying anything in that range. :-)

Russ

eeeeeeeewwww, the first car i liked, it was maybe a little overdone in some parts, like those side scoops and fog lights... but that '70 is just fugly

by the way heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D300036532541%26fvi%3D1&item=300036532541

Does the VIN number seem strange to anyone on that 70??????

Does the VIN number seem strange to anyone on that 70??????

It decodes properly.. just unit #100000.

I do like how the car sits for sure but not too much otherwise.

<SHRUGS>

GT500.. right.. I think someone should make a GT5.0 - That would be more logical. Or a GT5.8 in that particular case.

-Stephen

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width=560 align=center border=3><TBODY><TR><TH align=middle colSpan=3>Warranty Number: 0F02F100000

</TH></TR><TR><TH align=right width=90>Year: <TD align=left width=70>0 <TD align=left width=400>1970

</TD><TR><TH align=right width=90>Plant: <TD align=left width=70>F <TD align=left width=400>Dearborn, MI

</TD><TR><TH align=right width=90>Body Series: <TD align=left width=70>02 <TD align=left width=400>SportsRoof

</TD><TR><TH align=right width=90>Engine: <TD align=left width=70>F <TD align=left width=400>302 2v V8

</TD><TR><TH align=right width=90>Unit: <TD align=left width=70>100000 <TD align=left width=400>100000

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Right that's what I meant is that is a pretty cool and unusual unit number. I thought they all started at 100,000 during production so you would think the first number would have ended in 1 like in those MM articles, "in search of 001". Even though nothing else about it seems extrodinary it seems a shame to waste it on a Eleahor wanna be.

At first I thought the front was grafted from a 1970 Camaro! I hate that murial on it too, I couldn't tell what it was and I think airbrushed murials are kinda ghetto, but that's my taste. I like everything else, the interior is nice and so is the drivetrain. I could do without all the chrome, but some people like that. I shouldn't care anyway, I'm not buying it!

I think it looks like a copy of other already made concepts...Racing stripes and fiberglass hoods are not a new thing to me....I need to see something different and then i'll be like WOW!