Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Hrmm thats odd.

Well I for one wish you would put the content back because it is good for posterity alone and I was looking to forward to follow along on the body kit, you have some fab skills!

I know what you mean about other forums that's why when I found this place it became the one I post to 95% of the time. I only just started on the other sites again out of pure bordom.

B's points are right on too. That's why the smilies are so important I think, so you can tell what someone means in written content, it's so much easier to know face to face.

BTW B, my middle name is Michael. (DOH)

ahahaha, i'm just gonna start calling you Mikey then. LOL

:scared::scared::scared:

Speaking of diets pakrat.....

Oh I see, you want to step it up a notch eh? Fine by me me! (Pakrat cracks his knuckles at the keyboard):2guns:

I see your skills in photoshop are on par with your restoration skills:thumbdown: . I notice you have no pic of yourself in your profile, if I was you I wouldn't either, so allow me to update it for you. I think this better fits your profile.

Folks, meet the real master of this domain (but not his own).:001_tt2:

LOL...

Pakrat that's some funny :001_9898::lol:

I sure was laughing myself when I was doing it. Ya see the kind of fun we can have here now? Let's hope Ben thinks it's funny too as I have my next 6 replies all ready to go thanks to the forum being down so long.

If we weren't buds this would be considered a serious flame war. :hammer:

Of course he is the moderator so if he becomes a sore loser then he could always ban me for it just the same I suppose but hopefully Bryan or Trin would bail me out.:pinch:

LOL omg, ok i surrender. It would take way to long to top that!

waynesworld.jpg

We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

You get to be Chief for a day :red_indian:

:lol: OK, I'll call off the Pak Attack Cowboy,:cowboy: no more scalping. Just be thankful my hacking skill's are outdated or I could have loaded that up for real!

Just for fun though let me post up what my next response was anyway, you know, just for shits and giggles. It was going to go a little something like this:

"Hey Ben, I decided to check out that Rib Removal link of yours and found a pic of you in the Known Side Effects section. I guess it's not just the palms that can get hairy."

In all seriousness though I hope everyone knows I got nuttin' but love and respect for ya brother and I hope you never let this site die like so many others have. I LOVE 69STANG.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

That looks like chubacca, damn. Yeh to anyone new to the site or someone that checks in every now and then this probably looks really ugly. I'm glad you liked my paint skills... I couldnt get to a pc with photoshop at the time.

I dont see this site going anywhere, although i havent really had time to update any of the main information sections like i would like to do. And can only check in on the forums for a few minutes during the week. But the site keeps it self going and paying for itself. So it should be up and going for many years to come.

And i do still plan on doing the other site i talked to you about, involving all year mustangs. I know there is already about 6 or so out there. But all of them are majorily funded and full of BS. I want to see one for the enthusiast by the enthusiast. For example: themustang source has some great information but the site has gone commercial.

I just havent been able to find the right software package that integrates: Forums, Main site, and a gallery that works like i want it to. This site currently runs 3 different major programs to accomplish this.

That looks like chubacca, damn. Yeh to anyone new to the site or someone that checks in every now and then this probably looks really ugly. I'm glad you liked my paint skills... I couldnt get to a pc with photoshop at the time.

I dont see this site going anywhere, although i havent really had time to update any of the main information sections like i would like to do. And can only check in on the forums for a few minutes during the week. But the site keeps it self going and paying for itself. So it should be up and going for many years to come.

And i do still plan on doing the other site i talked to you about, involving all year mustangs. I know there is already about 6 or so out there. But all of them are majorily funded and full of BS. I want to see one for the enthusiast by the enthusiast. For example: themustang source has some great information but the site has gone commercial.

I just havent been able to find the right software package that integrates: Forums, Main site, and a gallery that works like i want it to. This site currently runs 3 different major programs to accomplish this.

And it all works perfectly together, I love the way each aspect works and meshes. (You could use a less generic header banner though, but that's being ultimate picky. Mayber I'll put some of my play time towards trying something for you). I love the scrolling banner on the main page and promoting this site is one of my favorite things to do and I will wear my t-shirt at every car show for sure!

I hear you on the Mustang Source as well, when I first grew tired of Stangnet (it was the first and only forum I joined when entering this hobby) I looked to the source as a great replacement. Brad had everything, I even contributed the bulk of his Mustang Movie info section (Hmm, we should add just the 69' 70' movies here somewhere maybe). But now you are right, way too commercial and the classic section is practically a ghost town most of the time.

I'd love to see nothing more than an all year site with the same integrity but only if it doesn't take away from here.:cool2:

Are you reffering to the forums header? If so then i totally agree but my photoshop buddys are all busy.

The reason for wanting one software type package is so that you will only have one login to remember. Right now you basically have up to two if you have a gallery account that is. And i could open up the main part of the site to where you would have to have another login. Which is basically what i want to do with the all years mustang site. You one login gets you access to a garage/gallery, forums, and you could even submit news/articles to the main page. Of course it would have to be reviewed to see if it was appropriate etc. But i think a system like that would be great. But alas one doesnt exist that i know of, or at least one that is robust enough to perform the way i think it should.

By all means if you or anyone has any ideas or any 69/70 specific content that you think should be on the site send me a pm, email, post about it or whatever. That would be a fun little tidbit to have in the mustang information section.

(where is this thread going? Everywhere so far...)

Are you reffering to the forums header? If so then i totally agree but my photoshop buddys are all busy.

The reason for wanting one software type package is so that you will only have one login to remember. Right now you basically have up to two if you have a gallery account that is. And i could open up the main part of the site to where you would have to have another login. Which is basically what i want to do with the all years mustang site. You one login gets you access to a garage/gallery, forums, and you could even submit news/articles to the main page. Of course it would have to be reviewed to see if it was appropriate etc. But i think a system like that would be great. But alas one doesnt exist that i know of, or at least one that is robust enough to perform the way i think it should.

By all means if you or anyone has any ideas or any 69/70 specific content that you think should be on the site send me a pm, email, post about it or whatever. That would be a fun little tidbit to have in the mustang information section.

(where is this thread going? Everywhere so far...)

Oh yeah I just meant the forum one, the one on the home page is a great Welcome banner, nice choice in cars too!:whistling: I have an idea that won't play favorites to models so I'll see if I can't fool around with it for the forum banner. Does it have to be .gif or is .jpg OK? I never change my user name and log in so I personally don't mind entering more than once but if you found approriate software would we loose all the gallery data and have to re-enter? That would bite.

The format doesnt matter i can always change it. One of the reasons I havent changed it myself is the Tire/Wheel to the far right is actually two images. One is the whole menu bar, and the other is the rest of the banner.

The format doesnt matter i can always change it. One of the reasons I havent changed it myself is the Tire/Wheel to the far right is actually two images. One is the whole menu bar, and the other is the rest of the banner.

I see, well I'll just concept something for the apropriate size and scale and you can always mess with border and links, I'm no code writer.

Ben, I have started to gather some media for the idea I had, can you send me your actual forum banner file so I don't have to work from a screen shot and edit out the background? The I'll do up a quick concept file and see what you think, get some input form you and then go from there.

I have an idea, I know i always talk about mbworld but i was a member from the start. The way they got more popular is that the main page is the auctual forum page. In this page you gotta click on the forum link to get to here and then choose between this section or the technical section. I think if you get rid of the main page or just re-direct the link to the forum you'll get more traffic in this site. Also you can make a menu on top of the forum page where you can go to the gallery and other links.

Pakrat you got mail. Bamf i had considered doing that and i may actually do that with the other site i plan on doing, but i like the way everything is setup for now. (and i spent chitload of time on it)

We already have a menu for those links on the forum?

Not a bad idea though.

Yeh there not defined enough or they dont hit you as being links unless your websavy or just spend alot of time online. I'll have to take a look at the forum software to see what i can do.

Hrmm welllllllllllllllll the main page / site is running using joomla software. And i purchased the current layout for it and i like it. However we do need to change the forums header / logo, so if you have some spare time to kill and wanna make one i'd love to see it.

Hrmm welllllllllllllllll the main page / site is running using joomla software. And i purchased the current layout for it and i like it. However we do need to change the forums header / logo, so if you have some spare time to kill and wanna make one i'd love to see it.

I agree I like the site the way it is except for the generic forum header logo.