Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Hrmm thats odd.

Most users ever online was 105, 08-02-2006 at 09:05 PM.

So on 8-2-06 we had 105 users logged in. I'm just wondering why these guys and gals dont post? Oh well i guess it saves on bandwidth :taz:

Most users ever online was 105, 08-02-2006 at 09:05 PM.

So on 8-2-06 we had 105 users logged in. I'm just wondering why these guys and gals dont post? Oh well i guess it saves on bandwidth :taz:

I have always been amazed how many times I see a newbie post that says "been lurking for a long time". Some folks just don't like to chat or don't anymore because most other sites have daily flame wars or if they come looking for answers they are smart enough to take advantage of the search engine first rather than posting a question that has been asked a million times.

How many users do we have so far anyway? I seem to notice alot of one time posters lately trying to offer the same "great deal on wheels and tires".:sneaky2:

heh, i guess im guilty of lurking most of the time, i check the forums almost every day but usually im just too lazy to post unless i need help with my car. or if someone actually happens to post a question i know something about, but uhh, that doesnt happen that much lol. at least not yet anyway:sleep1:

heh, i guess im guilty of lurking most of the time, i check the forums almost every day but usually im just too lazy to post unless i need help with my car. or if someone actually happens to post a question i know something about, but uhh, that doesnt happen that much lol. at least not yet anyway:sleep1:

Yeah but your a member at least, I meant lurking without joining and your still fun to laugh at....with....I meant with.:001_unsure:

Threads: 1,702, Posts: 12,258, Members: 670, Active Members: 140

So 140 active members and 670 over the years have joined.

So less than 20% active, no wonder you put up with me.:001_unsure:

maybe they recognize Pak from the other boards and don't want to post. LOL, just kidding Pak.

Maybe, but they could always think I'm that other guy too and not me. Unless he's also a prick.:fuk2:

People are scared to post in this forum...why? I have and idea, I would think some people don't know alot about mustang and when they ask a question they get hassled by the "experts" ...

I've seen in alot of forums that when someone asks a question the next answer they get is "use GOOGLE or the SEARCH feature".

Personally anyone can ask me anything and i would try to help them and if i don't know the answer i would try to look for it myself too. This forums dosen't seem as friendly to new people as other forums i'm in.

People are scared to post in this forum...why? I have and idea, I would think some people don't know alot about mustang and when they ask a question they get hassled by the "experts" ...

I've seen in alot of forums that when someone asks a question the next answer they get is "use GOOGLE or the SEARCH feature".

Personally anyone can ask me anything and i would try to help them and if i don't know the answer i would try to look for it myself too. This forums dosen't seem as friendly to new people as other forums i'm in.

Are you kidding? This is the friendliest one I have been on to date. I've never seen a flame war yet and I have yet to be short on answers personally.

Are you kidding? This is the friendliest one I have been on to date. I've never seen a flame war yet and I have yet to be short on answers personally.

yeah, their aren't many people here who tell you do a search before asking something. i'm sure it happens occasionally but not near as often as other boards.

Wow, BAMF, I had just the opposite impression of this forum. The '69/'70 crowd is much smaller, and more close-knit, in my opinion.

This is the friendliest mustang board I've visited, and I've asked some stupid-ass questions. :oops:

I've yet to see a "use the search" response like I see frequently over on VMF, MustangForums, and Stangnet.

But maybe folks expect that after having seen it so frequently on the other forums.

Or maybe our archives here are so chock full of awesome information they don't need to post. :lol:

i know i have occasionally given some info and stated that a search might turn up even more info. i use the search function occasionally myself. it is there to help everyone not just "newbies". usually when one of us recommends doing a search it's because we know there is more info that can be found than we have all the answers to.

i personally try to help everyone i can and if i know there has a been a thread recently that has more info that would be useful i will suggest using the search after i have given as much info as i can, i also usually try to suggest what to search for if i can remember something specific from a certain thread.

I have to say this is one of the most friendly boards I've been on as well. I usually like it when someone asks a very basic question... sometimes I can even give them an answer that way. :001_smile:

I'm sure that is a pretty common percentage of active users. From my days on Chopper Bike forums and Lego Stop Motion forums that was pretty close to the registered vs active ratio.

-Stephen

I like this board a lot. It's made me want to get my car looking better and stop dumping money into the engine. It's nice to have a good community for our cars.

I sold my nitrous kit tonight. I'm gonna finish up the motor setup nicely and finally start stripping the car and get it painted!

I love our style cars, and it's not everyday you see one.

Wow, BAMF, I had just the opposite impression of this forum. The '69/'70 crowd is much smaller, and more close-knit, in my opinion.

This is the friendliest mustang board I've visited, and I've asked some stupid-ass questions. :oops:

I don't mean to say it's not friendly but for some reason i don't feel as welcomed or as "part of the group" as i do in other forums so i just only post once in a while to help someone. Sorry to be the debbie downer but that's just my opinion. Sometimes i feel like i have a pinto in a ferrari forum.

I was just comparing to the other forums i'm active in, it's a mercedes forum so i guess it's not apples to apples. People in that fourm are really friendly and i haven't seen a flame war ever.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Sorry for the rant, like i said that's just opinion.

I can see what your saying bamf, but what your talkin about or at least as i understand it comes over a period of time or posts in our case. The more involved a person is or the more they post the more familiar they get with everyone else. At least this is my point of view. Since our forum is a smaller community the post here are usually more question and answer type and not the hey how are you post. So its basically, Hi, I have a question and then they get an answer.

But yeh everyone that is here and does post, yourself included, obviously are great mustang loving guys and gals ( I think there is one.... somewhere ) and we dont see the normal USE THE SEARCH BUTTON type post, which is a result of such a small community.

I find this site very friendly. There are a couple with some strong opinions and odd sense of humor that sometime seem a little harsh. But after reading enough threads you find they are friendly just in a different way. The best thing here is the responses. Answers are good right off the bat and you usually don't have 10 answers from people with on clue before the answer you need.

Yep, I agree with the general consensus. This is a pretty friendly board. I think my first or second post on Stangnet, I got into a flame war with somebody! I think it was one of you guys :lol: . Anyway... I definitely like the guys that hang around here.

I must admit, however, I have stated to use the search function, but it was after I answered the question. It may have been other boards(can't remember).

Well Bamf, the more you post the more you become familliar to us. Sure those of us that have been here a while can seem like we are part of an exclsuive social club to an outsider but friendship is a two street, you need to make the effort to show us that's what you want just like we need to respond like wise. Mercedes folk are likely more upper class so maybe their manners are better than us Street rats. I can't even honestly say I know what your car looks like, but if it was a pinto we would have likely treated you like the below picture!:001_tt2: (J/K of course)

Spoofty makes a good point too. I'm the first to admit I'm a ball buster at times with guys like BSwor and BNickel especially. I love a little witty reparte just as they do, it's too bad they aren't capable of it, but I don't mind having a battle of wits with unarmed men.:2guns:

I do forget though sometimes that again to a newcomer who doesn't know our relationship it may seem sometimes that we are just being pricks. I'm the kind of guy that you either like or hate right off the bat and I have an odd sense of humor. But anyone who has ever accused me of busting balls too much I tell the same thing. If I did not like you I wouldn't even bother, that's just my way. I don't bullshit folks and kiss ass, I am straight forward right off the bat, no false pretences and like me or not you'll always know where you stand with me.

What I like best about this place is that we all have the exact same interest, not just Stangs in general. You ask a question that you badly need answered and when you see several replies and can't wait to check in you don't get dispapointed with nothing but "I have no idea" or "Well on my 66 coupe it would be like this".

I think my first or second post on Stangnet, I got into a flame war with somebody! I think it was one of you guys :lol: .

Uhmmmmm, You aren't reffering to the great cowl debate of March/June by any chance are you?:blushing:

If so (and I am pretty sure you are) as I recall that was definitely more of a misunderstanding than a flame war by any measure and the ending result led to you not only truly identifiying the issue as opposed to spending time fabricating something you didn't need but eventually led you to this site as well.:thumbup:

BTW guys here is a perfect example of a non-friendly forum, not mean just un-interested in helping an outsider, that or not one single member owns a convertible. I later smartened up and got the answers I needed directly from a supplier which I probably should have done to begin with I guess because it took one email and a follow up phone call.

I first searched their forum for my answers of which I could not find as I expected but I also learned by reading thru some threads that these guys understandably hate fakes and replica's. Thus my lengthy attempt (not that I am ever short on words) to explain my intentions and try for some sympathy to get the help I needed. 60 views in 4 days and not one single reply! At least I didn't get any "get lost" or "you don't belong here" responses but that's the underlining impression I get none the less.

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/shelby-mustang/4731-i-need-some-answers-form-69-70-shelby-convertible-owner.html

ahhhahhhhhh. for a minute there i thought that was my dad's old gold pinto but it's not. his was a runabout with the roll back cloth sunroof. pretty cool little car for a pinto, he had another one that was green with the same roof.my dad seemed to like getting another car like the one before it for some reason. he had an MGb vert and then an MGB GT fastback, then the 2 pintos, then he had a dastun 200sx that got totalled by an 18 wheeler rearend it and he replaced it with a newer nissan 200sx. yes the first one was a datsun and the second was a nissan. crazy japs.

ahhhahhhhhh. for a minute there i thought that was my dad's old gold pinto but it's not. his was a runabout with the roll back cloth sunroof. pretty cool little car for a pinto, he had another one that was green with the same roof.my dad seemed to like getting another car like the one before it for some reason. he had an MGb vert and then an MGB GT fastback, then the 2 pintos, then he had a dastun 200sx that got totalled by an 18 wheeler rearend it and he replaced it with a newer nissan 200sx. yes the first one was a datsun and the second was a nissan. crazy japs.

Well my first car was a 78' Nova, yes a chebby, I'm so ashamed. But not as ashamed as my second car, an 85' Nissan Pulsar. I had a brief laps of insanity in the late 80's when I was into Funk and hung out in a crew, break dancing and driving imports. I had one hell of a mullet too, 18" long and spiked on top. It was a short stint though and I went back to my roots of Levis and classic rock shortly after. God, I can't believe I just admitted to that.:crying:

Well my first car was a 78' Nova, yes a chebby, I'm so ashamed. But not as ashamed as my second car, an 85' Nissan Pulsar. I had a brief laps of insanity in the late 80's when I was into Funk and hung out in a crew, break dancing and driving imports. I had one hell of a mullet too, 18" long and spiked on top. It was a short stint though and I went back to my roots of Levis and classic rock shortly after. God, I can't believe I just admitted to that.:crying:

my wife had an 85 pulsar.... i had a mullet for a long ass time. in fact i just cut it off about 6 months ago but it wasn't spikey on top and it wasn't one of those camaro driving meth dealer mullets either.

i'll see find a pic