Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

New Buyer check list

I just dug this up from my archives for someone looking to get into the hobby on another website and I thought it might be handy to have here for newbies. I had to zip it to post it though as it's in excel.

yeah that would have come in handy about 23 years ago.

Lol, well I didn't think of it when I was 15. :001_tt2:

After looking at the first 4 or 5 cars though when I was ready to buy I found it hard to keep track and I filled out about 20 of these. I just wish I would of had a digital camera back then to attach photos to each one too.

Lol, well I didn't think of it when I was 15. :001_tt2:

After looking at the first 4 or 5 cars though when I was ready to buy I found it hard to keep track and I filled out about 20 of these. I just wish I would of had a digital camera back then to attach photos to each one too.

i bought the second one i looked at. the first was a 70 mach 1 and was a nice car but my dad had to go out of town that weekend and couldn't go look at it by the time he got back on sunday night the car was already gone.

my mom actually saw the ad for my car on the little cable for sale by owner channel we had when we lived in houston, when i got home from school she told me to watch that channel and see if i wanted to go to look at the car, so i sat there on a friday afternoon watching ads roll by on the tv for almost 3 hours until that finally came up. at the time i really wanted a fastback and was kind of disappointed when the ad said 69 mustang coupe..$1500..must sell..this is a 69 mustang GT coupe..dark green..black interior.. phone number then i saw the GT at the bottom and was like, "ii've never heard of a 69 mustang GT" so went and looked at it when my dad came home and we bought it on the spot. for $1500, my dad didn't even try to talk her down on the price he just asked if i liked it and i said yes, then heasked if i wanted it and i said yes and he handed the lady a check

i bought the second one i looked at. the first was a 70 mach 1 and was a nice car but my dad had to go out of town that weekend and couldn't go look at it by the time he got back on sunday night the car was already gone.

my mom actually saw the ad for my car on the little cable for sale by owner channel we had when we lived in houston, when i got home from school she told me to watch that channel and see if i wanted to go to look at the car, so i sat there on a friday afternoon watching ads roll by on the tv for almost 3 hours until that finally came up. at the time i really wanted a fastback and was kind of disappointed when the ad said 69 mustang coupe..$1500..must sell..this is a 69 mustang GT coupe..dark green..black interior.. phone number then i saw the GT at the bottom and was like, "ii've never heard of a 69 mustang GT" so went and looked at it when my dad came home and we bought it on the spot. for $1500, my dad didn't even try to talk her down on the price he just asked if i liked it and i said yes, then heasked if i wanted it and i said yes and he handed the lady a check

Yeah not as many issues to look for buying a a car that's a decade old vs. three decades old, you lucky bastard.

Yeah not as many issues to look for buying a a car that's a decade old vs. three decades old, you lucky bastard.

yeah, well my car had been to the beach at galveston a bunch of times i can assure you and houton is pretty humid damn place as well. trust me car was not rust free even when i got it in '84. i was lucky it was as solid as it was. i was honestly expecting a lot more rust than what it had. but only one quarter patch panel, one patch on the driver floor board less than 8" square and about 15-20 smaller 1-2" square patches mostly in the roof rail and in front of and behind the rear wheelwells. the roof rail was the single worst part on the entire car because of the open cell foam weatherstrip ford used between the body and the stainless weatherstrip channel, something you don't have to worry about on the vert.

yeah, well my car had been to the beach at galveston a bunch of times i can assure you and houton is pretty humid damn place as well. trust me car was not rust free even when i got it in '84. i was lucky it was as solid as it was. i was honestly expecting a lot more rust than what it had. but only one quarter patch panel, one patch on the driver floor board less than 8" square and about 15-20 smaller 1-2" square patches mostly in the roof rail and in front of and behind the rear wheelwells. the roof rail was the single worst part on the entire car because of the open cell foam weatherstrip ford used between the body and the stainless weatherstrip channel, something you don't have to worry about on the vert.

I hear that believe me that's why I was stunned my car had no rust and bought it despite the color and lack of options. The east coast born cars between the winter and the beach were like dust in the wind.