Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Cast your vote on these finned air cleaner covers

Which one do you like best?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like best?

• Canton
    • Edelbrock
    • Cobra Valley
    • Rod Worx
    • K&N Extreme
    • K&N High Flow
    • Screw them all check this shit out.

The bright side I guess though is that the 14" K&N's I have been looking at seem to come in a variety of heights from 3" to 6" so as long as the hole in my hood is wide enough I guess I can get a taller one and have it peak up and in a little.

Well, scrap that idea unless the 14" actually measures a little smaller the hole in my hood is exactly 14" across. The scoop just barely covers it too, the center studs actually only have like half a hole that they go thru. Dang!

Well, scrap that idea unless the 14" actually measures a little smaller the hole in my hood is exactly 14" across. The scoop just barely covers it too, the center studs actually only have like half a hole that they go thru. Dang!

doesn't have to stick up through the hole in the hood. i have a 3" tall filter on mine and have about 1.5" of clearance before it will hit the hood. you could probably go with a 6" tall filter with no clearance issues.

edit: oh yeah, the factory hole in my hood is only like 10 or 12" across.

Oh right the I'm a real GT factory hole.:tt2:

Well maybe one day if I can afford a tri-carb then it can pop thru.

BTW, my father in law called me again today to see if I am still intersted in his vintage paxton supercharger. I'm sold on my dress up idea now and don't want to spend the extra cash just yet but he's got me upside down now.:stuart:

Oh right the I'm a real GT factory hole.:tt2:

Well maybe one day if I can afford a tri-carb then it can pop thru.

BTW, my father in law called me again today to see if I am still intersted in his vintage paxton supercharger. I'm sold on my dress up idea now and don't want to spend the extra cash just yet but he's got me upside down now.:stuart:

it is real, i have photographic evidence of a ton of them. want to me to email you enough pics that it would take all night to download them? :001_icon16:

it is real, i have photographic evidence of a ton of them. want to me to email you enough pics that it would take all night to download them? :001_icon16:

Umm hello McFly. That was sarcasm slash envy, not doubt. Have you forgotten that I scanned and posted the pic from my assembly manual over a year ago which is still in my gallery to this day and acredited all just for you?

hood_detail.sized.jpg

Gosh, for such a bright bulb you are awefully dim some times! :1eye: (J/K)

Umm hello McFly. That was sarcasm slash envy, not doubt. Have you forgotten that I scanned and posted the pic from my assembly manual over a year ago which is still in my gallery to this day and acredited all just for you?

hood_detail.sized.jpg

Gosh, for such a bright bulb you are awefully dim some times! :1eye: (J/K)

hahhah, man, it sure is easy to get a rise out of you.

yeah i know, you should hear some of the things she says about you. DOH, couldn't resist

Ditto! One night I woke up and she was all like "Oh B, give me 6" and make it hurt" then some babble about "why did you do it 3 times and punch me". I don't know what it meant.:confused:

Ditto! One night I woke up and she was all like "Oh B, give me 6" and make it hurt" then some babble about "why did you do it 3 times and punch me". I don't know what it meant.:confused:

ooohhh, what's it say about you when she comes to me for 2" of pure pain? hehehe

ooohhh, what's it say about you when she comes to me for 2" of pure pain? hehehe

I assumed it was the first time she met you and didn't know better. What it says to me is that 9" was just torture and pain was all she was looking for.:001_tt2:

well you know it IS your wife we're talking about and sometimes people get sensitive about stuff like that. just don't want to step off the edge ya know.

I hear ya, and you did make the first reference of knowing she talks in her sleep so I can respect where you are coming from, you lousy son of a bitch.:tt2:

I was hoping we would start talking about your wife soon but we'll end it as suggested, just tell her sizzle chest says heeeeeeeyyyyyyy!

I hear ya, and you did make the first reference of knowing she talks in her sleep so I can respect where you are coming from, you lousy son of a bitch.:tt2:

I was hoping we would start talking about your wife soon but we'll end it as suggested, just tell her sizzle chest says heeeeeeeyyyyyyy!

k, i'll tell her. ok i guess you can take a shot or two. i don't mind i can take it. like i said i just really have a hard time knowing when to stop the jabs, especially on the 'net

k, i'll tell her. ok i guess you can take a shot or two. i don't mind i can take it. like i said i just really have a hard time knowing when to stop the jabs, especially on the 'net

You do? Look who you are talking to?

I step over the line, habitually. I'm an habitual line stepper! (Quote from Charlie Murphy talking about Rick James on my favorite Dave Chapelle episode ever!)

honestly that was the only episiode i ever saw.

Surely you jest! And that alone wasn't enough to keep you coming back for more? Dave has had some brilliant skits but the true hollywood stories with Charlie Murphy are the best! Well, that and one particular episode on Wayne Brady!

nope that was it. it seems like there was something on just opposite of it that i liked better. maybe one of the CSI's or something.

Ah well that explains it. They do rerun them still even though Dave turned down 50mil to do a 3rd season. I highly recommend you rent or netflix season 2 if you want to laugh your ass off. Season one is great too but 2 was where he really found his game so if you aren't a huge fan then seeing 1 first might not be enough to get you hooked.