Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Interesting auction to watch:

hell he probably has 10-15K worth of chrome on the car. i just love the old 70's JC whitney sword handled dipstick though:laugh: . the chromed shaker is probably about the ugliest damn thing i've ever seen, otherwise the car is pretty damn nice, i doubt that it's 60K nice but some people might actually pay that.

anyone notice the bolt holes in fthe front of the valve covers? WTF are those for? i have ideas running through my head of how they could be utilized but i know that's not what they are for. my ideas are to connect either a set of torque straps or you could add runners from a tcp style shock tower brace there. both would probably be really bad ideas with aluminum vlave covers though

Not sure what the bolt holes are for, but I doubt it's for torque straps or a brace.... The valve covers would be too weak for that.

My guess would be for some sort of mounting for wires,hoses, or other lightweight hardware.

Not sure what the bolt holes are for, but I doubt it's for torque straps or a brace.... The valve covers would be too weak for that.

My guess would be for some sort of mounting for wires,hoses, or other lightweight hardware.

oh yeah, the aluminum valve covers are definitely too weak for the stuff i mentioned they just got my brain working is all. might be kind of interesting to come up with something that tied the engine in with the chassis like that though. would probably only want to something like that for a full on race car because the vibration would be too much for a street car. interestingly enough however, i used to have a buddy with a hot rodded el camino who swapped over to solid motor mounts and the vibration transmitted through the chassis was actually less with the solid mounts than it was with the stock rubber mounts. pretty wierd