Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

2.5" stainless tip options?

i think i may have found the solution for all of looking for this style of tip

http://www.pypesexhaust.com/images/evt19.jpg

if anyone tries them out be sure to post pics!!!!!! it'll be a while before i have the cash to spend on them otherwise i'd be the giunea pig, but being on a limited income and with Christmas just around the corner i can't do it, plus i've already got to send some money to Bill in Canada so what little cash i can spare is already spent.

i was just checking out the Pypes exhaust site again tonight and they now have pics up of a 69 vert with these quad tips for anyone that's interested in them. they don't look too bad but i think they may be sticking out a little too far on this car, though it's kinda hard to tell since the car doesn't have a rear bumper, but it also looks they could go in a bit and still have room too.

http://pypesexhaust.com/gallery89.html

i was just checking out the Pypes exhaust site again tonight and they now have pics up of a 69 vert with these quad tips for anyone that's interested in them. they don't look too bad but i think they may be sticking out a little too far on this car, though it's kinda hard to tell since the car doesn't have a rear bumper, but it also looks they could go in a bit and still have room too.

http://pypesexhaust.com/gallery89.html

Those Pypes ones look pretty good on the car and it does look like they could tuck in just a smidge more without hitting the leafs, they won't quite be inline with the inner edge of the bumper as the stock ones should be but it's better than fitting a smaller one and loosing performance right at the end. I think I'll have to try them out this spring unless something better suddenly pops up (and it always does which is why I have never learned not to procrastinate).

Those Pypes ones look pretty good on the car and it does look like they could tuck in just a smidge more without hitting the leafs, they won't quite be inline with the inner edge of the bumper as the stock ones should be but it's better than fitting a smaller one and loosing performance right at the end. I think I'll have to try them out this spring unless something better suddenly pops up (and it always does which is why I have never learned not to procrastinate).

Hey Folks,

I just returned from spending a few weeks in Vietnam and had a chance to catch up on my reading so I wanted to update this old post with some news. I haven't caught up on all the new threads since I was gone so if this is now old news then I appologize but i still wanted it here for future reference.

Apparantly a company called www.greatlakescustoms.com now make a correct looking rolled lip tip to fit 2-2.25 and 2.5 inch pipe, the wait is finally over!!!!! I haven't gotten to the site yet to check prices but the pics I saw look good. It kills me that Scott Drake laughed at me when I suggested they offer this part over a year ago and here they are now from someone else.

Thanks for the update. Those welds are a tad ugly though eh. So I guess you have to call them on anything? The website looked like one vague page when I checked it and they didn't even show the tips.

Considering I still have my originals and one is badly bent aft of the fork I think I'll buy the 2 1/2 X oval SS transissions still and give modifying a whack. I was mostly nervous about having the stainless welded but for the $35 - $50 gamble I think it will be worth it.