Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

Updated pics... dial-up ok.

Since I live in Seattle and my Mach is sitting in Tampa, it hasn't made any progress really in the last year. And with my father illness, he won't be spending much time on it any time soon. Still, while I was in town visiting pops, I took the time to get the car out, go for a ride, and take some pics.

Anyway, you'll see the car is mostly together in terms of exterior, body, suspension, and chassis. It needs some trim, some adjustments, etc, but it's most of the way there. That said, the motor needs some attention... seems like the distributor is off a couple teeth. And it needs the full interior installed. Otherwise, it's getting there.

Here are some pics:

Awaking from its slumber and gets a bath:

img05371smallvv7.th.jpg img05431smallcp8.th.jpg img0605smallaj1.th.jpg

Some pics after a quick "spirited" drive:

img0609smallff6.th.jpg img0614smalldk6.th.jpg img0617smalltt0.th.jpg

img0626smallgj8.th.jpg img0631copysmallxj2.th.jpg img0642smallhj8.th.jpg

img0649smalleg8.th.jpg img0651smallil6.th.jpg img0635smallge7.th.jpg

Back at home, and proof of my existence:

img0657smalllx5.th.jpg img0663smallnr6.th.jpg img0666smallkg6.th.jpg

Anyway, as you can see, it still needs work, but it was great to get it out on the street for a bit. It just makes me more determined to finish the car as soon as I can!

Hiyas, DB!

Gawd, I love that car. That stance is just sick.

Thanks for the kind comments... I like the stance as well, but I don't think it's quite low enough yet. I think I'm going to lower it another 1"-1.5" all the way around, then I'll be happy.

Thanks for the kind comments... I like the stance as well, but I don't think it's quite low enough yet. I think I'm going to lower it another 1"-1.5" all the way around, then I'll be happy.

You should start with the back.:001_cool:

I think a slight rake to the rear looks really hot on the sportbacks.

lookin' good bro. i don't think i'd change the stance much, the front looks about perfect and i think the back just needs a bigger tire, maybe another 1" in the back after that and i think it'll be nailed

Thanks...I'm torn about the rear tires. It either needs more sidewall in back or it needs to be lowered a bit, or more likely, a bit of both. I think I'd also like a bit more footprint out back too, but I'll need to see what the widest tire that'll fit on a 8" wide rim, or look into getting the 9" wide version eventually.

Hey, good to see you had some time with Stang again Wyatt. Looks good.

Is your Dad going to be ok??

-Stephen

Thanks for asking about pops, but right now we just don't know. His lymphoma is a kind that is non-cureable but is at least treatable. In retrospect, it's obvious now that it has been with him for a number of years, which means it has gotten all over his body and into his bone marrow, which is bad. He starts chemo next week, and while the docs don't like to talk numbers, they say he's got about an 80% chance of putting it in remission, but they don't know how long it will stay in remission if they're successful. In the end, it's a 50-50 shot, which sucks but we're hopeful.

Ironically, the lymphoma probably saved his life in the short term. The day they released him from the hospital (after a week of tests and waiting), he had some chest discomfort. Since he was so paranoid about the lymphoma, he didn't ignore it like he had been doing apparently for a year or more. He went to the emergency room that night, and over the next 2 days they found out he had numerous heart arteries that were 90%+ clogged, which led to him having a quintuple (yes, there is a quintuple) heart bypass surgery. The surgeon said he'd never seen anything worse, including 2 arteries that were actually 100% clogged. So, my father's new-found concern for his health because of the lymphoma saved him from a guaranteed massive and deadly heart attack. I think that defines irony really.

Wow.. sorry to hear that :(

Sounds like a challenge ahead. My family will keep you all in our prayers. That is wild about the bypass. Hopefully that fix will help him be stronger for the chemo.

My father had a brain tumor in 2000, radiation stopped it and we were relieved. In 2004 a completely unreleated type of brain tumor took him out in 16 weeks just like the Doctor said. The Doc had never seen that combination of tumors in 30+ years of neuro either so go figure.

Sounds like the odds are at least somewhat in your favor and I'm sure your Dad is up for it. Keep us updated.

-Stephen