Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spoofty

What's the best mod on your mustang?

What mod gave you the best result on your Mustang?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What mod gave you the best result on your Mustang?

• Disc brake conversion, 2 or 4 wheel.
    • Steering mods, power conversion, rack and pinion etc.
    • Added AC, aftermarket or stock.
    • Suspension mods, Shelby drop, shocks, lowering etc.
    • Suspension change, Mustang II, IRS etc.
    • Tires, steal belted, larger wheels, low profile etc.
    • Power upgrade, headers, intake, FI, forced induction etc.
    • Seat upgrade, Late model seats, racing seats etc.

I thought this might be useful for people planning upgades but didn't know where to start.

I have done most of the upgrades on the list but for me the one that made the biggest difference was going from 4 wheel drum brakes to power front disc setup. This is not a fancy setup just the old Granada swap (acually I think these were the ones off of a Mavrick. I got two sets from the juckyard that day). But it made a huge difference and wasn't that expensive doing it this way, about $300.

You can only vote for one so make it the best change. And please go into detail about it.

i voted for suspension and i haven't even got all mine done yet. i replaced the stock front springs with 750 lb. 1" drop units and added poly bushings to the swaybar. since it has been undergoing the resto i've added a 1" front sway bar, 5 leaf mid-eye rear springs and KYB shocks (gas-a-just front, GR-2 rear) so i can't wait to see what it's like with those. i also added a smaller 13" grant steering wheel that made a big difference all by itself. since we could only vote for one i voted for the suspension but my 86 GT buckets have made just as big a difference in the car as the suspension especially when cornering since i don't go sliding all the way across to the passenger seat anymore :helpsmilie: