Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

Applied Grande Stripes

Had a friend come over and apply the Grande stripes yesterday. They do not reproduce the stripes and using an old NOS set would be a crap shoot to stick. My friend owns a graphics shop so he used a NOS set I had ( in the incorrect gold/white) and duplicated them in the correct black with gold.

69_Grande_stripe_lt_rear.jpg

69_Grande_stripe_lt_front.jpg

Looks good. It's one of those rare call outs on the 69' that most will think is a custom stripe but the select few in the know will apreciate the almost forgotten about detail.

acapulco blue Baby!!!!! i've always loved that color and since i had never really intended to sell the car i figured i'd just paint it the color i would have ordered had i bought the car brand new, well if i had been alive to order the car brand new anyway. i was born in 1969 so i guess i was alive when the car was ordered but since it was ordered in 68 i was still in mommy's belly.

If my car had been 1 of 37 or even 1 of a 100 I probably would have repainted it the original Lime Gold again too. I have to say though that the Gulfstream Aqua it was painted the 3rd time really grew on me quickly and I usually hate any aqua/teal color on just about any kind of car. I think Black Jade is one of the coolest 69' colors though from the time. I can't wait to see how the modern color comes out, picking from chips is just not easy.

Ah how quickly they forget. Seriously Bry, lay off the drugs son.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1484

I wanted to go with puckered butt hole red but Ben beat me to it and I didn't want to look like a copy cat.

IMG_0539.sized.jpg

Why you SOB! :tt2: It doesnt look so bright now that the paint had time to set. What bnickel meant to say is that he normally ignores all your posts. :devil:

Hope this picture makes you pucker :)