Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponygurl6903

what's the best year mustang (other than 69/70)

What year mustang is your favorite? (other than 69/70)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What year mustang is your favorite? (other than 69/70)

I voted for '79-'93 because I have a '89 GT Convertible with 23K original miles. The Fox bodies don't have much of a true Mustang look but they do haul ass and are now starting to garner attention with collectors.

My second choice would have been '71-'73.

I'm hoping for a Mach for '09 with an available automatic for the wife.

I voted for '79-'93 because I have a '89 GT Convertible with 23K original miles. The Fox bodies don't have much of a true Mustang look but they do haul ass and are now starting to garner attention with collectors.

My second choice would have been '71-'73.

I'm hoping for a Mach for '09 with an available automatic for the wife.

I know what you mean..I should NEVER have sold it...my 1990.....

picture-007_large.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful GT ,I had my eye on a '90 convertible Black ,on Black ,on Black ,nice car but I purchased the '90 gt from my nephew for a good price ,I sold it last May to a girl who I guess could'nt handle it ,there is'nt a panel on the car that's not dented or mangled in some way...it kills me to even see it..

i voted for the II and apparently i wasn't the only one. i almost had a heart attack when i saw there was another vote for them.

i used to have a 78 coupe. it was pretty loaded for a 4 banger car. it had automatic, ps, pdb, ac, deluxe interior, console, clock, dual sport mirrors. it was red and i blcaked out the hood and added a gt looking stripe to the rockers, painted the inset part of the headlight bezels black and left a chrome ring which looked really good with black sport grill. pretty cool little car, i had even swapped in a trac-loc 3.55 8" rear from a v8 car in preperation for a turbo 2.3 upgrade but that turbo motor never happened because the car got splattered by a flatbed that ran a stop sign doing over 40 mph, needless to say the car was toast after that.

My favorite Mustang is the 69 with the four headlights. This car represents the muscle car era to me. It had creature comforts, different engine options, and still demands attention 37 years later. I love the fox body Mustangs, SVO's, and Saleens. But my second favorite Mustang is the 2003-2004 Mach 1. I have a 03 Screaming Yellow, 5 speed, 3:55 gears. I drive this car every day and it is a blast. Gobs of power in any gear, good ride, love it!

i voted for the 67-68's just cause i would love to own a 67 shelby NOT BECAUSE OF HELLINOR i also like the curved taillight panel on them but i used to own a 72 mach one that got totalled needless to say if i find the right 71-72 not 73 im gonna be all over it

i happen to know of a 67 or 68 fastback just sitting i stopped and asked if it was for sale about 9 years ago and it wasnt and i just saw it again yesterday and it looks EXACTLY the way it did 9 years ago man, that pisses me off