Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

My GrandFather Passed Away Last Friday

I havnt been on for awhile due to the untimely death of my grampa last friday. My grandpa was a Ford guy all his life, his firsts car was a dark green '40 Ford, the Ranchero i inheirited was first bought by him back in the late 60's. he turned most of my uncles and my dad into ford guys, one uncle had a 63 Fairlane, 72 Mustang, and most notably a white 69 Mach 1, my other uncle had a black 69 Vert and my dad's first car was a 69 Cougar. my grandpa worked at the local Ford Dealership from about the mid 50's till he retired in the mid 80's. many of you may remember or have heard about David Charlier 1970 SideWinder Mustang?? well that car was sold in the town my grandpa and dad grew up in, my grandpa even remembers the car and worked on it for routine check up's. he said he would always remember it because of the black stripe along the side and the snake logo on the quarter.

We Love You Papa. R.I.P.

Sorry to hear that man but I'm sure he's looking down proudly that you continue to carry the Ford torch for the family. Maybe a good idea when you get the car finished is to get antique plates for it which can be customized like vanity plates (except only 6 digits allowed). 4GRAMPS would be a hell of an homage!!!

thanks guys and i like the idea for the license plate very nice. the only stipulation is that i "get" the Ranchero when im 25 and that i can NEVER sell the Ranchero, which i wouldnt have sold it anyways, even if my grandpa was still alive. i dont really plan on selling many of my fords that i will collect over time, unless the right buyer comes along, but i will never sell the Ranchero or my Stang, to sentimental. thanks again for the sympathy guys, it means alot

I don't know if you were ever able to spend time working on your car with your grandpa but he was obviously a great Ford influence on you and you will remember that. I can't hardly work on my car without thinking of times past when I was a teenager and my Dad helped me on this car. Makes it even more special getting it back together albeit somewhat sad sometimes.

Sorry for your loss.

To me, memories are what matter in the end...

-Stephen