Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreaseMonkey

FlexTek flex fuel system

I read an article about this in the paper the other day, supposedly with one of these you can convert just about any fuel injected car to run on either ethanol or gasoline or any mixture of the two. heres the link to their site: http://www.flextek.com/index.htm

seems like a pretty cool idea to me. theres a few things im skeptical about though. like in their FAQ they say running ethanol actually increases your engine's life. i donno about that, ive heard otherwise. also its kinda hard for me to believe the chemicals that come with it are enough to protect your engine for life after just one use.

another thing this made me wonder is, what you would need to do to a carburated engine to be able to use ethanol? it would be pretty cool to be able to use ethanol in my Mustang i think.

any other thoughts on this?

Also i've read some news clippings about the government actually making people charge $2.00 a gallon for ethanol. And big oil companys are buying up ethanol refinerys to try and save their livelyhoods. Greeneye'd monster stays one step ahead.