Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Protowrxs

Still amazed...

I am still amazed at the going rate for these cars...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Mach-I-428-Mach-I-project-R-code-Mustang-numbers-match-1969-69_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ018QQitemZ280017898089QQrdZ1

This is a local guy that I graduated with that is a local buyer/reseller. He is the money behind some of the cars that the guy in this thread I started has http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1365

Think I'll have to hook up with him and see what else he has just for the fun of it.

I just can't imagine paying that much money for a Stang like that but it's all in the 'numbers' I guess.

-Stephen

Wowza (my copyrighted catchphrase)

Thats kind of insane that it would go for that much. But if the rare ones didnt go for that, just think what ours might be worth. I'd never pay that much for an unfinished car but i dont have a big wallet either. Finished that car would bring how much you think? I havent watched prices on ebay in the past 8 months probably.

I don't know. Apparently he wasn't interested in having it rebuilt, but I'm sure he made a bundle off of it anyhow.

He has several Shelby cars I understand but haven't ever been able to get by where he keeps them at when anyone is there. He's also had a couple verts that were VERY nice that he had built and sold and one that Compton is rebuilding now.

Think I'll email him and ask for a 'tour' sometime. The shop is only about 6 blocks from my work.

-Stephen

It's amazing what 428 and mach 1 can do in front the word Mustang or how about boss 429 (my dream car). It's also funny how Grande don't seem to do much even though there were fewer Grande's than Mach's.

It's amazing what 428 and mach 1 can do in front the word Mustang or how about boss 429 (my dream car). It's also funny how Grande don't seem to do much even though there were fewer Grande's than Mach's.

Yea but when you mix a Grande with a factory 428 you have a rare and interesting piece.:wink:

Yea but when you mix a Grande with a factory 428 you have a rare and interesting piece.:wink:

what kills me is that pre 69 GT's of any body style are through the roof yet the 69 GT's aren't even close unless it has a 428 and even then it still doesn't bring as much as a 428 mach. they are starting to catch up but it's been a very slow process.

what kills me is that pre 69 GT's of any body style are through the roof yet the 69 GT's aren't even close unless it has a 428 and even then it still doesn't bring as much as a 428 mach. they are starting to catch up but it's been a very slow process.

That is true. The Machs were so popular when new that alot of people remember them so well. Now that they have the income to buy one so they search for a Mach rather than a GT. You have to be a die hard '69/'70 fan to know much about a GT. That said I'd rather have a GT over a Mach with everything being pretty much equal. I would think that a deluxe interior GT should bring more money than a Mach. It doesn't but should. Maybe one day.