Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'69Mach1

What projects are you working on?

I'm nearing the completion of my Q-code Grande restoration. Just a few more things. Here are a couple of pictures. Grande seat covers were custom made. Purchased hopsack cloth from SMS and had upholstery shop duplicate pattern. Reused the inner piping since it is no longer made.

69_grande_backseat.jpg

Those seats look awsome, they did a great job.:thumbup1:

I want to keep my wifes grange interior stock so I'm looking to do the same. Am I right to assume that no one makes Gande seat covers and I will have to build my own.

Do you have contact info for SMS Wed site or phone.

No one makes the Grande seat covers. Most people either use the deluxe seat covers (which is the same pattern but without the cloth) or find some other type of cloth to use. SMS has the exact hopsack cloth for black. It cost about $240 for 3 yards. I then had an upholstery shop make the covers using the original seats as patterns. The upholstery shop supplied the original-type vinyl and pipping for the outer edge. They reused the inner piping from the old seats since they don't make the thinner pipping anymore. They charged me $450 to do that and then I had a friend install the buttons and covers on the frames. I think it was well worth it.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

It took awhile to get the material from them so plan ahead. I know they still have some more. You have to request a sample on their website and then you can match it up to your seats. Then you can order it.