Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'69Mach1

What projects are you working on?

Just my perpetual 69 Coupe.. going on 32 years now.. lol.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I have the hydraulic clutch parts, line lock, proportioning valve and hope to get to work on getting it all together next week sometime and get the front end together.<o:p></o:p>

Of course that’s not including finishing up another chopper bicycle and a riding mower to go cart build my son wants to do.<o:p></o:p>

-Stephen<o:p></o:p>

Here's the list for my 69 coupe

1. Finish shaving the drip rail moldings

2. Rear disc converinson

3. Lots of welding!!

4. Body work, Send to paint....

5. Too much to list so major work needs to be done!

My other project other than my 69 is a 92 300e W124..19" Lowenhart LDR rims, AMG custom body kit, AMG exhaust, Updated Interior, 95 front end conversion, Bilstein HD shocks, ETC......

I also have a 66 mustang i'm turning into a GT 350 and a 69 falcon futura station wagon..

Hey Bam,

Any way to post a photo of the 300e? Is the w124 the same body style as a 89-90? There is a 300ce for sale locally,I wanted to stop and look at it today ,you know the 2dr version ,might look pretty cool with the later front end.

I also have a 66 mustang i'm turning into a GT 350 ..

That's what I'm doing with my '66 convertible ,I have alot of original part's ,plus alot of upgrades ,kinda restomod ,hot rod ,shelby looking .I purchased a set of the '03 limited edition Bullitt wheel's ,I think they are 17X8, or 9 ,what ever was on the factory bullitt, anyone know what's involved in making them bolt on ,It's a v8 car ,the car is the same 5 lug pattern ,I'm taking the top loader out ,and installing a five speed setup I have ,also I have an RC motorsport dics brake conversion for it,all the replacement sheet metal is done,I have a pair of original tooling fenders for it ,so it's basically ready for final assembly,and paint.

Gotta '90 F150 and a '95 Mustang coupe(V6, 5-spd) and have plans....well, okay...ideas for both of them. Just want to improve the appearance and handling of the Mustang, and try not to do anything that screws up the 30mpg (hwy) gas mileage. The F150 got new metal above the rear wheelwells last year, but now it needs both front fenders and a passenger door, plus there's a large rustout in the lower front corner of the passenger side door opening (where the A-post meets the rocker...). Can't afford to buy another truck but almost hate to put the bucks into this one. Gotta have a decent truck though, so what choice do I have?

And then there's the woodworking projects I don't have time for....:wacko:

I wish i had time! I'm 22, married, 2 year old son, 6 project cars and i run the family business so time is something i wish i had!!

I have replica bullitt wheels but they come in 17x8 with a 4.5 backspace so they fit right on without anymods...

Here are some pics of the cars i'm working on..

1969 Falcon wagon.. The one in the pic is actually now a parts car since i have 2 of them and this one had too much rust...selling right now as is without the wheels for $2800 for both cars...(70 Nova not mine)

14097207ljg4.jpg

66 mustang soon to be shelby restomod..thinking about selling I have too many cars!

14097122ler6.jpg

old pic of my 69 coupe...restomod/protouring project in progress..LOTS of work to be done...

dsci0073zv7.jpg

my daily driver mercedes...Project in progresss too..don't really care much about it..

dsci0018qc6.jpg

Just added this project...My work truck got smashed three weeks ago and the insurance is being a d!ck about it so it's another project...

1002484da0.jpg

Man.. you multi project car people amaze me!!

I can't see the end of the tunnel on my simple 69 Coupe and you guys have two, three, four and more at once. I do have an '87 F150 that is in real good shape sheetmetal wise but needs some attention to the 302. I'm still thinking I'm going to steal the serp drive off of it when I get to that point. Otherwise it's a hassle just to keep our 02 F150 and old mini van daily drivers on the road.

-Stephen

I think the meidcal term is VADD ( Vehicle Attention Deficit Disorder). I can't finish all of them so i'm just working on the cars i need for now like the work truck and my 69 since the other cars are just sitting there wating to be sold. I'm also into modding mercedes but the waste of money can't justify the hobby..

O.K. now that I see I'm not alone ,here are a few of mine ,Oh course my Mach1 ,I've known the car for a long time,it belonged to a family friend ,my '66 convertible was owned by my aunt ,typical v8 grocery getter,I purchased it from her when she could'nt handle the no power steering anymore (she was 74 at the time ,and the stick shift wasn't a problem!!)

My '68 GTO I purchased in '03 from a friend who purchased it from the original owner ,he owned it for eight years ,it sat in his garage ,and he never touched it ,I'm almost ready for epoxy prime on both the GTO, and the Mach ,I go back ,and fourth ,during the work week I try to work on the Mach, on the weekend i spend it on the GTO,this way I can keep both projects moving ,I also have a '67 Chevelle ,my mother in law purchased the car new in '67 ,it's been sitting in her garage with a blown engine since 1974 so I really don't have to deal with sheet metal on that one...Thank God..since all of the others did...it's taken me ten years to get all the car's back into good metal again...and last on the list a sort of stalled project ,a 1944 Willy's military jeep, the frame ,and drive train is completed painted ,detailed ,and all ,the body is ready to go on the frame,It just sits in my trailer awaiting the day when I can get back to it, at least when I retire ,I won't have to look for a project to keep me busy;)

I've pretty much been a one car guy since the beginning (with the occasional distraction along the way)... well until recently... With the Mach stuck in Florida without getting any attention or making any progress, I decided I needed a hold-me-over car and bought another one of my dream cars... a Merkur XR4Ti.

Bought it in February for $1200 with only 59K original miles. If you don't know these cars, they're very cool! 2.3 liter turbo 4 (same motor from SVO Mustang), IRS, built in Germany for Ford by Karmann. It's been a blast so far. It already had a full 3" exhaust and K&N filter. I've added wheels/tires, manual boost control valve, intercooler (thanks Stephen), and a blow-off valve. The car is quick and handles ok... I've got a set of springs and sway bars for it, and an ECU upgrade and larger VAM to up the power a bit more. I'm hoping for 230hp at the wheels with 18 lbs. of boost. And since the motor already has forged pistons, I'm considering a 50 shot of nitrous eventually. Check it:

img0209resized4ek.jpg

Well it seems I`m going to start another full tilt restoration on my newly purchased 68`/2 CJ. seems I`m a glutton for punishment, but for the price I paid for it I can`t complain!

It was built the last week of production (July 15) 63b, auto, 3:91 gears, black on black w the gold C stripe. 15 options on the marti report.

John

Well damn you cant argue with the price thats for sure. How much does that bad boy weight?

For the coin, you get a lot of car with these things. As for weight, full tank but no driver, somewhere around 2945. With me as the driver, 3300 and change...:whistling:

It's been a while since I've seen a Merkur ' date='That look's like it's in really good shape too! '86-'87?[/quote']

It is in pretty good shape considering it's 17 years old and much neglected, even if it is low mileage. It's an '89 actually, though in the pic you see the double rear spoiler temporarily installed. I haven't installed it yet, but it's definitely a possibility.

For the coin, you get a lot of car with these things. As for weight, full tank but no driver, somewhere around 2945. With me as the driver, 3300 and change...:whistling:

hey you can do what i've been doing lately...quit eating!!!! i swear i only once maybe twice a day. usually because my back hurts so bad i don't want to get my ass off the couch to go to the kitchen. i've lost about 15-20 pounds in the last month or two like that

i gotta list for ya. ok........ Here goesmy 70 Coupe (Restomoding in progress)my 70 Fairlane 500 (needs total resto, want to make it a half Torino GT/Fairlane)my 62 Ranchero (ful Resto back to original, was my grandpas car)dads 69 Cougar (full restomod in prog.)dads 69 F100 (full resto with custom tilt front end in prog.)dads 78 chebbie LUV (ONE WICKED ASS TRUCK, an original Inline 4 cylinder converted to a 350 V8, OMG talk about a freaky ride!)Dads 88 chebbie 1 ton dually (black with candy-apple red ghost flames, spiderwebs, etc. in prog.)slight pattern of In Progs. developing! :)a 65 Galaxie 500 (just parts car really)a 92 chebbie 1500 (350 4WD 6 inch lift)a 92 Bonnevillea 2nd 92 Bonneville (a swap from a white car to black)a 97 Tahoe (mostly cosmetic)a 97 Bonnevillea 2nd 97 Bonneville (salvage fix)

Here's the list for my 69 coupe

1. Finish shaving the drip rail moldings

2. Rear disc converinson

3. Lots of welding!!

4. Body work, Send to paint....

5. Too much to list so major work needs to be done!

My other project other than my 69 is a 92 300e W124..19" Lowenhart LDR rims, AMG custom body kit, AMG exhaust, Updated Interior, 95 front end conversion, Bilstein HD shocks, ETC......

I also have a 66 mustang i'm turning into a GT 350 and a 69 falcon futura station wagon..

Bam, please post pics of the drip rails. I'm thinking of doing this to mine as my drip rail have some pretty bad rust an I find it a pain in the butt welding patches in them.:thumbup1:

I'm working on my wifes 69 rustde I mean grande. Need to replace shock towers and most of the front frame rails and front passenger floor. Already finished with the rear. New quaters (she didn't like the fake scoops so I put 70 quaters on and saved $20), inner wheel wells and trunck brace.

I'm nearing the completion of my Q-code Grande restoration. Just a few more things. Here are a couple of pictures. Grande seat covers were custom made. Purchased hopsack cloth from SMS and had upholstery shop duplicate pattern. Reused the inner piping since it is no longer made.

69_grande_dash_installed.jpg

69_grande_backseat.jpg

69_Grande_engine.jpg

69_grande_rt_fender.jpg

man 69grandecj i so freak out everytime i see pics of your car. my car was that color combo originally. lime gold with a black top. for so long i hated that color, i still don't particularly like it that much but now that i'm starting to see it base/clear it doesn't look so bad. in fact it doesn't even look like the same color to me for some reason. no offense, the paint job on your car is stunning and i actually like it on your car.

Looking good. Whats your plans for the car, trailer queen, resale?

It will be a trailer queen at least for a couple of years, then it might see some occassional driving. Will I sell it? I don't think so but who knows. I have a hard time getting rid of things. I have my first car from high school, which is my Indian Fire SportsRoof and I have an '89 GT convertible that I bought new and has just 22k miles. I always wanted a real musclecar and was looking for a 428 or 429 Torino when I stumbled across the Grande in '97.

I'm not crazy about the color either and I probably would have changed it to Indian Fire if the Marti Reports didn't exist. Now I think the Lime Gold helps solidify it as a true sleeper.