Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Protowrxs

69 Mach just waiting...

Just wanted to share this pic of a 69 Mach sitting around in town.

Sorry, bad cell phone photo, but I'm thinking about hitting up the owner. I have NO idea what it's worth.

I don't have a VIN so I don't know what the car was and haven't ventured close enough to see what shape it's in but it looks interesting.

Suggestions on an approach or guessitmated value? I know it depends on rust, etc.

They moved it from in front to back here so I'm wondering if the City is after them to get rid of it. :-)

Suggestions? Comments?

I do NOT need another project but I hate to see the car go to waste or worse yet to a salvage yard.

-Stephen

definitely a project that's for sure. i usually just walk up to the front door, ring the bell and ask if they are interested in selling the car. i wouldn't know where to begin price wise, it looks like it will need work to even get it home, probably has some rust especially in the floors i'd say start out at 1,000 bucks and see if they bite.

I bet they would get rid of it,if they had any interest in the project,it would'nt be in plain view ,and a neglected one at that ,if they cared about it,they would have some kind of shelter, or cover, I agree with Ben, start at 1g ,but I bet it would go to 3g if they know what they have ,at least let them know you're interested ,and to call you if they do decide to sell. Let us know what happens.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll try to make contact and leave a note if nothing. At least I'll take a closer look and see what's left of it. The house is a small duplex and I never see anyone around when I drive by.

Maybe I can make a deal and take it to Ohio.. ha!

-Stephen

hmmm bring it to me........mwah ha ha or you could take it to missouri to my girlfriends house hee. hee but i happen to have just bought a house sooooo funds are a bit tight and will be for the next 30 years or so but who knows

I hate when i see a cars around here in socal sitting. When i ask how much they say NOT FOR SALE...or 5k+/-??!! After i ask i see them sitting for year after year with no work being done to them..I had to beg for my 69 grande coupe from an old lady but for $700 it was worth it..

I hate when i see a cars around here in socal sitting. When i ask how much they say NOT FOR SALE...or 5k+/-??!! After i ask i see them sitting for year after year with no work being done to them..I had to beg for my 69 grande coupe from an old lady but for $700 it was worth it..

I understand that.. a friend of my wife's father has a 65 Coupe that I asked about over 20 years ago since it was abandoned in their yard. Nope, not going to sell it. He was going to 'fix it up'. Last time I asked a few years ago he was still going to fix it up. He's almost 80 now and can't hardly get around but... :wacko:

Bad thing is I have to drive by it almost every day and just watch it slowly sink into the ground... literally. I should take a pic sometime.

-Stephen

I understand that.. a friend of my wife's father has a 65 Coupe that I asked about over 20 years ago." "Last time I asked a few years ago he was still going to fix it up."

See my next post........................................

I understand that.. a friend of my wife's father has a 65 Coupe that I asked about over 20 years ago since it was abandoned in their yard. Nope, not going to sell it. He was going to 'fix it up'. Last time I asked a few years ago he was still going to fix it up. He's almost 80 now and can't hardly get around but... :wacko:

Bad thing is I have to drive by it almost every day and just watch it slowly sink into the ground... literally. I should take a pic sometime.

-Stephen

That's how I got my Mach ,the car was last registered in '83 ,I kept bugging my friend ,then in '96 I sorta gave up on it,I saw the guy a few week's later at the local gas station ,I said "I'm not even going to ask" his reply was "My wife told me I moved it for the last time ,call Keith"

There is a '68 fastback that's been sitting in a driveway in the same spot for about 25 + years ,it's sunk into the blacktop so far it's resting on the suspension ,I get the same answer...No I'm going to fix it someday.