Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

Hideous '69 Coupe on ebay

you know at first glance yes it is hideous. but upon closer inspection i can see a lot of potential there. lose the fugly side scoops, especially the upper ones and do away with the fastback rear spoiler pieces and replace them with maier racing pieces and ditch the rear part of the ground effects or at least shorten them a considerable amount and i could see this car looking prett good. i kinda like the front end actually gives it an 05/06 kinda vibe. ohh... and definitely lose the elenwhore "power bulge" hood. paint the car black and i think it would be pretty cool, i'd even leave the extended roof line, it makes me think of the 69 mexican shelby cars.

Where do I start?..:surrender:..They ruined the body kit idea for me!:thumbdown: My kit looks way better and flows with the car. This one looks like they went bondo happy!!!! :shit: I always think less is more but I want my stang to have subtle changes and not be an eleanor replica.:punk:

The problem with this kit is that it has tooo many straight lines and the cruves in the wrong place...Sounds like an ugly woman.:saddam:

look at the arch in the front fender flare...I think they got the idea from barret jackson since the eleanor replicas sell for over 100k..They got greedy and made an ugly stang..

Oh yeah check out the 19.99 sound system in the back seat...It was on special at Big Lots last week..

Ok, I know my mustang is going to get bashed when it's done and i'm ready for that but one thing i do like is the rear spoile only if the corners where rounded alittle bit more.

I did a fast photochop...

Before

f0_12.JPG

After

f012gf7.jpg

Man this car is from Utah!!! Never seen it. I must say to each his own. Our mustang show in Park City is this weekend. If it shows I'll be nice. What I don't get is all the work they did and under the hood is terrible! I do think it could be fixed.........anything can be fixed, Right??

only thing i do is basically take everything off..what it is it with people and having kits on muscle cars.....wow i mean muscle cars are suppose to have lines that why 69 have the aggressive look already we dont need smoothness it takes the integrity of the car away. its like taking out the muscle and calling it a ricer....i dunno but are cars should stay the same cuz that what diffines the 69 mustangs from the rest of the older mustangs.

I'd really like it if the kit didn't make the wheels look so small, it looks like a 74 Ghia Mustang. Give it some bigger wheels, and maybe go down on the fender flare size and I think it would be pretty cool. You NEVER see anyone mod up a 69/70 and I'm glad to see someone taking a different approach to their car.

.what it is it with people and having kits on muscle cars.....wow i mean muscle cars are suppose to have lines that why 69 have the aggressive look already we dont need smoothness it takes the integrity of the car away.

I'm sure alot of people love shelby mustangs and why did he add fiberglass parts or body kits to his cars? I think because some of the body lines of the mustang where missing something or he wanted to make them more functional like scoops. I'm making fiberglass parts like side skirts and rear fender skirts but these only add lines to the car it didn't have before. The body kit above was not designed for that car that's why it looks soo "unique" in the late 70s this car would have been worth alot i'm sure. In the early 90s people used to love the ferrari kits on cars and trucks but fads and styles change..

You NEVER see anyone mod up a 69/70 and I'm glad to see someone taking a different approach to their car.

I'm doing that in a more tasteful way. I will post pics soon i hope!