Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darz

my 69 I FINALLY bought!!!

Heres my new toy:thumbup1: , had to sell the bike & both snowmobiles to get her. Heres the story on it. It started life as a STD sportsroof STD interior M code car. In the 70's, a Q-code car was crashed, and donated most of her parts to this car. The interior, 428, C-6, N case rear end all were put on this car. It needs paint, it was originally a Wim white car. Is this color Aztec Aqua? I would like to put it back to white. The clock & tach work, The fold down is in great shape. It needs door panel cups, some small interior items. It has a few SMALL rust spots on it, but look at that floor in my pic link! It is solid underneath...

The 428 has worked over C6AE-R heads on it now, drilled to fit CJ manifolds. The original heads were long gone...... It has a Blue thunder intake, Holley 735, Comp Cam. It goes great, but it needs a rebuild. It smokes.:whistling: I think its a valve guide, it leaks oil into that cylinder. I ran a leak down test & it had air coming out the carburetor even with both rockers backed out. I will have it rebuilt this winter.

I paid 12,000.00 for it. Is this worth it? I think so after searching for a few years, and seeing a lot of rot boxes going for silly amounts of $$$.

It has P/S, PDB, Console. It needs a new woodgrain steering wheel, but I think I will go with the Grant. After all its just going to be a NICE driver, not a show car by any means. So here it is....................http://www.snowmobilefanatics.net/darz/2

looks like a nice car. that color is NOT aztec aqua, looks like winter blue. also if you have air coming from the carb when doing the leak down test you either have a burnt or bent intake valve. has nothing to do with the valve seals. it does sound like it needs a good rebuild from your description but you might get by with only a good valve job.

Hey thanks for the compliments.. I pulled the heads off & took them to a machine shop knowm for great work. They took a look at them and are going to replace the guides ( two were really worn ), and the valves are in need of replacing. They are wondering why somone installed PC seals & umbrella seals on this engine, more than likely to hide a oil ingestion problem? They are installing bronze guides & new style PC seals.They are basically rebuilding the heads. Somone has ported these, and installed CJ sized valves. The shop machinists told me it was a professional port job, not a die grinder & a few cans of beer. The cylinder bores all are in excellent shape, nothing out of spec, and it has been bored .060'' over, so this is it for that block.... Winter blue it is... Thanks again...............

got the heads back thursday ( 359.00 later ). Installed them that night, what a pain getting the manifold bolts on !! Ford service techs must have pulled those engines for everything except oil changes. They really wedge those suckers in there... OK, nuff bitchin, THAT THING IS UNREAL!!! Its gotta be pushing 475 horse. Its a 060" over 428 CJ with Comp Cam, Rhoads lifters, Blue Thunder intake, 735 Holley, Crane Rockers. It ran good before the heads were done, but smoked terrible. I never would of thought that a mixture of gasoline & oil would depleat the horsepower figure that much! This thing is an animal. Can you tell I love the car & its engine? I can see a few bald tires, and a few possible exibition of acceleration citations in my future...........

got the heads back thursday ( 359.00 later ). Installed them that night, what a pain getting the manifold bolts on !! Ford service techs must have pulled those engines for everything except oil changes. They really wedge those suckers in there... OK, nuff bitchin, THAT THING IS UNREAL!!! Its gotta be pushing 475 horse. Its a 060" over 428 CJ with Comp Cam, Rhoads lifters, Blue Thunder intake, 735 Holley, Crane Rockers. It ran good before the heads were done, but smoked terrible. I never would of thought that a mixture of gasoline & oil would depleat the horsepower figure that much! This thing is an animal. Can you tell I love the car & its engine? I can see a few bald tires, and a few possible exibition of acceleration citations in my future...........

nice, glad to hear it's running right again. i bet you had a ton o'fun hefting those big old FE cylinder heads in there huh?

thanks, Im working on her a little bit each day, I have the engine compartment 80% done. I need the factory coil & bracket, new export brace ( chrome ), new wiring harness for engine feed, correct battery cables, selenoid, correct water pump pulley, but I can always add those things later on.....