Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Man lifts camaro off of pinned teen.

Disclaimer: Levity enclosed and in bad taste.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2006/07/arizona_man_lif.html

What they dont tell you is that the camaro was rusted beyond belief just like any chevy product 2 years and older :x So the car only weighed a few hundred pounds. :2guns::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2: (Not based on actual facts)

i've actually seen this happen before. when i was in high school there was a girl who got backed over by a car pulling out of it's parking place a couple of guys that were walking by lifted the car off of the girl and another of them pulled her out from under it. 2 guys to lift it off the ground about 4 feet and another guy to pull her out. these guys, the girl that got run over and the guy/girl (don't remember which) driving the car were all going to lunch i came up just after they pulled her out and were letting the car back down, i was on my way to the school across town that had the auto shop class. i stuck around for a few minutes to make sure everything was going to be ok until the principle came out and dispersed the crowd that was gathering. that was a wierd day let me tell ya, i was pretty well freaked out for the rest of the day.

When I lived in my condo my downstairs neighbor was Kirk Karwoski. Kirk was a power lifter - a monster really. 5'8" and 278lb. His legs touched when he walked. Very strong and was once the world record holder in the squat with 1003 pounds>

http://www.criticalbench.com/Kirk-Karwoski.htm

Anyway, it snowed heavy and I was at work. My wife's honda accord was stuck in the parking lot on a slight hill. Kirk shovelled an area to the side and picked up and moved the front of the car over to dry pavement. THE FRONT END! Moved it a total of 4 feet over in a couple of moves....

No life saving in the story but wow!

that's impressive for sure but we used to play pranks on a friends of ours where we turn his yugo around in 2 parking places sideways with cars on both sides and it usually only took 2 of us to do that because it was so small. IIRC the car that ran the over the girl was a big old 70's tank like a tbird or something and the guys that picked it up were just a couple of high school kids. pretty impressive what adrenaline can do when it's needed.

that is pretty crazy bnickel. that girl was lucky they were able to do that.

ive been involved in something like that, but it was more stupid than impressive. some guy in my auto shop class drove the front end of his truck off the lift in a way where we couldnt get a jack under it. after a little while we decided the best option was to get a bunch of guys and lift it back on, so thats just what we did. the truck was just a little toyota, and it took 6 guys or so. i remember my teacher walking out of his office, seeing the whole situation, shaking his head, and walking back in, lol. also after that i remember the same group tried to lift the whole thing off the ground but they couldnt quite get it.