Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carnivore

Coolest CG Pic Ever. (69 BOSS 302)

Created by a fellow named Artur Kordas using 3D Studio Max 5.1 (Scanline renderer). He didnt create the driver or horse.. those were imported from Poser. I could do without the horse in it myself. But other than that, I freaking love this.

You can view the artist's post about it over on CGTalk here

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109905&highlight=boss

Its pieces like this that get me excited to improve my sk33lz in teh l33t gr4ph1cs.

ArturKordasBOSS.jpg

ya know there are very few things that throw it off from looking real and at first glance it almost does but there are a couple things that make you think "this ain't right" but at first it's hard to tell what.

1 the window trim around the door window goes all the way around, but not in real life

2 the windshield trim curves at the bottom corners, but not on a real one

3 the hood scoop is more noticeable but is obviously not right, however that in and of itself doesn't give it away as CG

pretty much everything esle could fly and not really get noticed but the first few things really make you start looking so you notice them too.

4 hood "beak" isn't quite right

5 the front bumper is kinda sqared off on the corner

6 the front spoiler has a ridge in the center like it was "molded" differently than a stock mustang spoiler. it almost has sort of a "V" appearance. actually looks pretty damn cool kinda makes me wish ford would have done them that way

7 either the lack of standard 69 factback side scoops or the appearnace of the c pillar badges the lack of scoops would be fine without the badges or vice-versa have the scoops and the badges. the badges make you think it's either a standard fastback or mach 1 but the lack of side scoops converys the appearance of a boss 302. but the badges and no scoops together obviously gives the feeling that something ain't right.

those are the things that jump out at me and say "hey i'm not what you think i am" BTW i kind of like the horse, reminds me of some of the early mustang commercials.

Crap Bnickel, good eyeball. I noticed the scoop was funny, but nothing else in your list.

Is it just me or does the topmost body line of the front fenders look kinda funny? Like maybe its not a hard enough edge... that kinda seems to be a theme of a few mistakes in this pic. Things are a bit rounded... which is common for 3D work in general I suppose.

Regardless, I still think its neat

yeah i see what you're saying but that could easily be contibuted to "lighting and shadows" regardless it could be a little sharper but it seems acceptable considering the "lighting" is marginal.

i wasn't really trying to pick the image to pieces just suggesting what makes it look more like CG than an actual image. it is actually a very good CG image, i wish the CG work in the Gone in 60 seconds remake had been that good in the bridge jump scene:yes:

I began modelling a 69 coupe a few years back.. but then my computer got stollen (along with about 10k in other crap) and so that model is long gone.

along with the computer went my modelling software :mad: