Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69stang

The Plans

Make sure you look for the electronics for the 5.0 HO engines either in the 89-93 mustang or the Lincoln mark vIII

5k is a little high? I got my engine from a 92 5.0 car that i bought for $900 but it was crashed in the rear really bad. It was rebuilt just before the crash but the car had 75k miles on it. I didn't go with the AOD since i kinda didn't want to get another driveshaft and mount. I sold all the parts i could and sent it back to the junk yard. I'm looking into rebuilding my c4 with high performance parts. Any suggestions and price?

well i dont know supposedly the engine is done EXTREMELY nice, my uncle has driven it and said its probably pumping out somewhere near 500 horses (more then i really want/need but as long as its daily driver material its fine with me) (it has the same Cam as the crate engine i wanted, aluminum trick flow? heads) The trans is the one i wanted, the rear is slightly higher than i wanted but livable. Basicly i have to drive it monday and see if its truely able to be a daily driver.

I saw in the mustangs unlimited magazine i have there is a "coil over conversion". It is 2 grand, I was wondering if they are worth it, they claim your car drops like 50 pounds from switching over.

Would a mcpherson hold up well enough?

Could you switch one from the fox box mustang if they have it?

Decided to get a picture of my car to show everyone how it is now. I am considering putting '69 or '70 boss stripes, but i have a feeling it may make people angry cause its a coupe :sad: . Also looking at Buillitt Rims either chrome or anthracite style not sure yet which my friend is going to photoshop it for me so ill show you how it looks after being photoshopped.

well the picture looks REALLY small here so, you can view it in my profile and its alot bigger

Ok the '91 Mustang is a LX, has a 302 with Trick Flow EFI, AFR heads (he said they are highly desired, ive never heard of them), Tremek 5 speed with aluminum drivetrain, 16" mustang rims, he rambled off a bunch of other stuff and will be giving me a list of everything later today.

Have you guys ever heard of the heads/are they good?

Engine

Air Filter ----------------------------K& N

Mass Air Flow ------------------------73 mm

Throttle Body -------------------------BBK 70 mm

Drive Pulleys -------------------------Street Underdrive

Injectors ----------------------------24# Motorsport

Pressure Regulator-------------------- Adjustable

Intake Manifold------------------------Trick Flow, street heat

Heads--------------------------------Aluminum AFR 165 cc

Rocker Arms --------------------------Roller Rockers, Motor Sport 1.6:1

Lifters-------------------------------- Motor Sport

Push Rods---------------------------- Motor Sport

Block --------------------------------302 stock

Cam--------------------------------- Luniti (idle to 5500 rpm) 216x224 deg; .516 lift

Oil Pump -----------------------------Motor Sport High Volume

Fuel Pump ---------------------------Motor Sport 110 lpm

Water Pump -------------------------High Flow - Summit

Radiator ------------------------------Aluminum, 3 core

Drive Train

Clutch --------------------------------Center Force adjustable clutch cable

Trans ---------------------------------Level 10 build, t5 350ft-lb rated

Shifter --------------------------------Pro-M

Drive Shaft---------------------------- Aluminum

Gears ---------------------------------3.55 Motor Sport

Axle -----------------------------------Rebuilt, <10k on it

Exhaust

Headers-------------------------------- BBK

H Pipe---------------------------------- BBK

Catalytic converter--------------------- catco hi flow

Mufflers-------------------------------- Flowmasters 2 1/2"

Tail pipes------------------------------- Stainless, Flowmasters 2 1/2"

Suspension

Front Struts ----------------------------AGX KYB

Subframe Connectors-------------------- BBK

Rear shocks----------------------------- AGX KYB

Control Arms (rr) -------------------------BBK

Front springs----------------------------- Motorsport, 1 1/8 lowered

Rear springs------------------------------ Motorsport, 3/4" lowered

Rims Stock -------------------------------16 x 7"

Tires------------------------------------- 225x55ft; 245x50rr

Body

Hood ------------------------------------Cervini Ram air

Thats the list of parts put in the car, it runs well, idles well, body is in good shape with a nice paint job (i know it doesnt matter for the drop).

Also do you know any sites which detail the conversion for I6 to 302?

How long do you think it would take to do the conversion?

i wouldn't sacrifice the 91 either. looks like it would make a great daily driver to me. i would presonally keep it as is and collect parts and pieces for the 69 myself. after all it is another mustang id all that same stuff was in something like a fairmont i'd be more tempted to rip it out or if the 91 was wrecked but not like this.

I feel the same way about the 91, however can you find or build a combo that is similar for that amount of money without sacrificing the 91?

Where is this 91 located if you decide not use it? heh heh.

it is located in New Jersey, I am not going to get it. My dad said it wasnt worth doing it that way cause all of the custom modifications, and the "will this fit here?". And yes that mustang would be a good daily driver, but my mustang is my daily driver and i love it.

So the new plan will be buy a 69/70 302 (maybe a 351 if it works out that way), one that is in horrible condition and jack the engine and all the mounts out of it. I found one about an hour south of me selling for 2,000 dollars, he said its running well, and the body is decent. So i figure i might buy that, take the engine out of it, build it up how i want it, then have an easier time dropping it into my car.

So now the question comes to, if you were going to build a 302 or 351, how would u build it for max power with 20 mpg or so (on AoD or 5-speed with 3.55 or less rear).

I am looking at getting the AFR 165 cc non-emissions legal heads, don't know what cam yet, and possibly forged pistons etc. The fuel injection will probably have to wait till a later date (trying to cut down on as much downtime of my car as possible).

By the way, i wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful this site is amazing.

Is the rear of a '69 302 strong enough to handle a stronger 302?

Would it be worth it to buy "bottom" engine parts, such as new pistons etc. ?

Are the parts ok to buy used? or would you not consider it trustworthy?

Price wise is it worth doing the build up yourself or is it alot cheaper for crate motors?