Protowrxs

Protowrxs Coupe - Update

Yeah, I've looked at them before. I don't plan on running that big of tire up front though... unless I go this route.. lol

-Stephen

now that brings up memories of 70's street machines/canyon carvers with big ass fender flares and wild metalflake candy paint jobs (think bass boat here) LOL

Yeah, I've looked at them before. I don't plan on running that big of tire up front though... unless I go this route.. lol

-Stephen

now that brings up memories of 70's street machines/canyon carvers with big ass fender flares and wild metalflake candy paint jobs (think bass boat here) LOL

Yeah it's here!!! :yes:

Boo I have no time to mess with it :no:

The Unisteer rack arrived today 12/19 after a couple weeks of back order waiting. Looks to be pretty good quality as others have mentioned. Unfortuately I will have little time to work with it over the holidays but there's always 2007!

I know.. crappy pic.

-Stephen

Yeah it's here!!! :yes:

Boo I have no time to mess with it :no:

The Unisteer rack arrived today 12/19 after a couple weeks of back order waiting. Looks to be pretty good quality as others have mentioned. Unfortuately I will have little time to work with it over the holidays but there's always 2007!

I know.. crappy pic.

-Stephen

hey i consider new parts arriving progress!!!!!

No kidding! I'm waiting on my pistons, and can't do jack until I get them. I hope they're here by next Thursday, I got 2 vacation days off with wife at work and baby at daycare...nothing to do but work on the pony.

So...ditto. Parts arriving is progress! :taz:

hey i consider new parts arriving progress!!!!!

No kidding! I'm waiting on my pistons, and can't do jack until I get them. I hope they're here by next Thursday, I got 2 vacation days off with wife at work and baby at daycare...nothing to do but work on the pony.

So...ditto. Parts arriving is progress! :taz:

Likely the last time I do much on the car for 2006. I started my own EFI export brace and mocked up the Unisteer rack. I like the look of the beefier 1 1/8" pipe for the brace. I'll bent up a mont carlo bar after mocking up a motor with the EFI intake, etc up. I'm undecided on welding the bar in or making it removable using heims or pins.

Looks like I'll be replacing headers as well since I can't see how what I have will clear. I'll still drop a block down in and mock up a head and header before finaling the rack config to make sure though.

More here: http://www.protowrxs.com/Nolen/Stang/Rebuild/2006-12-22.asp

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!

-Stephen

Likely the last time I do much on the car for 2006. I started my own EFI export brace and mocked up the Unisteer rack. I like the look of the beefier 1 1/8" pipe for the brace. I'll bent up a mont carlo bar after mocking up a motor with the EFI intake, etc up. I'm undecided on welding the bar in or making it removable using heims or pins.

Looks like I'll be replacing headers as well since I can't see how what I have will clear. I'll still drop a block down in and mock up a head and header before finaling the rack config to make sure though.

-Stephen

-Stephen

if you are talking about welding it to the brace you already have started i would think it would be a good idea, would definitely help strengthen it.

-Stephen

if you are talking about welding it to the brace you already have started i would think it would be a good idea, would definitely help strengthen it.

I might just go shorties and leave it at that. It would make the O2 sensors setup easier to make work as well and likely make it easier to route the hydraulic clutch slave and hose.

You have any pics of the drivers side of your shorty Headmans?

-Stephen

I might just go shorties and leave it at that. It would make the O2 sensors setup easier to make work as well and likely make it easier to route the hydraulic clutch slave and hose.

-Stephen

-Stephen

i don't have any, sorry. i can probably get some over the weekend though if you want. i may have some pics of trinity's though. let me look and se if i have any of his.

-Stephen

i don't have any, sorry. i can probably get some over the weekend though if you want. i may have some pics of trinity's though. let me look and se if i have any of his.