Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carnivore

Ford Racing 302 w/GT40 heads.. the unwrapping!

Well, I've had this engine sitting in my buddies garage since last August.. and I am now FINALLY moving it in preperation of its installation... So I figured I'd share the joy!

Loading it from my buddies place:

EngineRamp.jpg

Ahh.. I'm happy when my truck has a bed of stuff like this...

TruckLoad.jpg

Lets hope the chains are secure...

HangingJoy.jpg

ahh... splendid!

302.jpg

Now I gotta throw on the crappy 'ol 3 speed.. in time I'll go for a 5 speed, but I cant do that right now.. the funds are lacking. Hopefully I can get this unit in the car in a couple days here!

what kind of pulley system are you going to use? is that for a coupe? .....always love to see people show love to coupes because the fastbacks get all the attention...are you going the EFI route?

Dang right its for a coupe!:rockon:

Pully system... um.. I guess I hadnt thought that far..... crap, I totally forgot about that... serpentine would be nice. I'll have to do some research I guess though. I also bought a Wieand stealth with a Road Demon carb to throw in this... no EFI for me right now. ... and a rusty pair of headers. I'm thinkin after dropping about a million bucks into this pretty engine, it would be rather embarassing to bolt nasty cancer filled headers onto it. Maybe I can find a good deal on something...

Stephen, I oredered two and had the second one sent to "the middle of Oklahoma" ... so wait out by yer mailbox, it should arrive any day!

I tried dropping it in today with the tranny bolted on and it didnt go so well. I dont think its even possible without pulling out the steering bar that runs parallel to the crossmember in the engine compartment... I hope I didnt get the wrong oil pan. I orded this thing like a year ago so I've pretty much forgotten everything about it except the displacement and heads. :confused1:

I'll do some searching but then I'll probably start whining profusely about this in the tech board.

Dang right its for a coupe!:rockon:

Go Coupes!!!

Stephen, I oredered two and had the second one sent to "the middle of Oklahoma" ... so wait out by yer mailbox, it should arrive any day!

Hehe.. Ok.. I bet I'm supposed to send you a $4k or $5k check as well right??

That's a reverse rotation water pump I believe so you'll need a serp setup or need to change the pump out to normal rotation.

I'm going to buy an underdrive kit for pulleys myself. They are around $100 or so for nice alumimum ones that includes crank, water pump and alt. If you have Power steering and/or AC it gets more complicated I guess. You'll need a tensioner as well for the serp belt setup.

-Stephen

Go Coupes!!!

Hehe.. Ok.. I bet I'm supposed to send you a $4k or $5k check as well right??

-Stephen

I don't know If you guys realize but I'm actualy Nigerian and need to export some cash - please send me ALL your money and you get a BIG return:clap:

I don't know If you guys realize but I'm actualy Nigerian and need to export some cash - please send me ALL your money and you get a BIG return:clap:

Oh man.. I just sent you a PM.. waiting patiently for my profit. :confused1:

-Stephen

Send me car parts and I will GLADLY send you more in return. Just shoot me over that pretty new longblock, and in return you can have a completely unassembled 351 cleveland, and old set of 2bbl open heads, and whatever else I can come up with !!! Guaranteed to be more in quantity though!:tongue_smilie:

Carnivore look at my post in your other thread - secrets of installing an engine.

I'm sure most of you already know but i found the $50 serpentine pulley setup!!! lol I need power steering so im going to have to do some figuring out.

If you have a cast iron water pump you can use the serpentine water pump pulley from an old mercury marquis and a underdrive pulley from a 5.0 mustang. That's pretty much it. Work on crate engines and 5.0 engines.

I got the underdrive kit on ebay and the other pulley in a junk yard for $5.