Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TStone

Has this happen to you?

And how did you handle it?

I was at my local weekly show tonight and some a-hole decided to start flyspec-ing my car infront of me like we were at Concours d'Elegance.:cursing::censored:

Hidden

I know! when i go to car shows i see cars some nice and some not that nice but i know for a fact that's someones baby or under construction. To me is like calling my son ugly in front of my face. Those people are just haters! It's their nature to be critics so they can't help making themselves feel good by putting your car down.

It looks great by the way! Wish i had a vert

I would bet that the said person has likely never built a car worth anything, much less to the level that he/she can criticize to. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I may be wrong but most people in the world with that level of personal skills are usually pretty worthless. If they really were a high level restoration or rodder individual and had their own vehicle they are still pretty worthless unless the criticism was asked for.<o:p></o:p>

In any manner it would have been fun to confront them with something like "Thanks for the information, I'd love to see the level of car you must have built" and see their response.<o:p></o:p>

Just my few cents...

Edit: Did you realize there is a 1" piece of hood insulation hanging down in the back of your engine bay that looks like crap.. Ha!.. just kidding! Great vert!

-Stephen<o:p></o:p>

Edit: Did you realize there is a 1" piece of hood insulation hanging down in the back of your engine bay that looks like crap

Yeah - thanks for pointing that out:asshole: j.k.

I've had close to a dozen 60/70's vehicles over the years and there have been imperfections in all of them. That fact that this a-hole chose to start pointing out issues in-front of me and my wife was just insulting. My wife (this was her first show) was ready to start tearing him a new one till I cooled her down pointing out that aside from this a-hole I really enjoy coming to this show and get along with & have been well rec'd by everyone else. My wifes biggest issue (and I agree with her) is that he had what appeared to be his grandson(7/10yrs) with him and was enlisting his help in checking over my car and pointing out my flaws - ie: teaching his GS to be an A-hole in training.

p.s. he did have a vehicle at the show - it was a stock gmc sonoma cyclone.

p.s. he did have a vehicle at the show - it was a stock gmc sonoma cyclone.

LOL - see told you. Yeah, sad he's continuing the stupidity. That was the exception... I bet hundreds of others admired your car that day and will continue to. Our annual local show is next weekend of a club I was involved in starting 20+ years ago. I dropped out many, many years ago but just like the real world there are good, bad and stupid people in all walks of life.

-Stephen

I've notice these people don't stay confined to car shows since there are bunch of :asshole: online too. I admire people who know what their talking about but not everyone can bench race like they do. I've seen some of that in these forums and that makes me want to stay away from such a great place to find help and share ideas.

I've seen some of that in these forums and that makes me want to stay away from such a great place to find help and share ideas.

Really? Hope it wasn't me.. :(

Personally I've been impressed overall with the crowd here so far.

-Stephen

I mean in general, I belong to a couple forums but people here have been great so far. I have a mercedes and omg don't talk about mods in some of the mercedes forums because it's against the mercedes bible lol. I like to share my ideas like everyone else. I know not everyone is going to like them but some people are just sooo picky about having everything o.e.m original that it's freaken insane.

I like to think outside the box but some people just like talking crap no matter what you say.