Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TStone

$300,000.00 1969 Mustang Convertible

Anyone else see this on ebay?

I actually met the guy tonight at a local show. He said he's got over $150,000.00 and 1100 hrs into it, He said he liked my car (don't know if he was being nice). I'm going to look at his car at the Glass House Show tomorrow - I'll try to take some pic's.

11_3.JPG

I think the rims are to big. Wait let me say that the rims ARE to big. Other than that yeh looks nice but $150k um yeh.....

Thanks for posting it because the car does look awesome besides the rims. The money he spent though, that still hurts me.

A white engine? WHITE? That's got to rank up there as one of the worst ideas.....

The car really doesn't do anything for me, nice paint job but other then that I'm not impressed. No way he's got that kind of coin into this car. Did $20k go into the car and the rest go home with the guy who did the restoration? Stock engine, suspension, interior (except his going crazy with spray cans), I could understand if it was all custom work but all I see is a $1200 rear disc brake kit...

And apparently he was foolish enough to put $150,000 into it so someone else out there should be even more moronic and spend $300,000 for it? At least he had to spent a couple hundred dollars for his ebay ad! Don't worry about your heart, bswor, something tells me this car won't sell. He'd have to drop a zero from the price first.

And oh god, I just looked at his 69 fastback, AHHHHHHH!!!! That interior, oh my god, send that car back to the seventies where it belongs! And he didn't even cut the windows to fit, seems like he cut some corners on that one. The car would have been 100x better if the had just bought it and left it alone.

Maybe I'm just jealous that this guy has more cents than sense, I don't know, but I do know that I find it all highly offensive! Aside from all the things already mentioned on the vert, how about that boring roll bar compared to the beatiful one Shelby made back then? I guess that would have put him an extra 1k over budget.:wacko: Man, and my body guy gave me crap for repainting my headers old school white just for the dirt factor, sheeeeesh! Don't even get me started on the mach. Let's just say I was not at all surprised to see the interior was done in Portugal. Almost perfect save for the absence of a Jesus statue on the dash. I wonder if the horn plays chucaracha?

Money can not buy taste, that is for sure. I so would have been seeking out that elusive 428SCJ GT Vert to throw my cash at over this thing if it was burning a hole in my pocket like this guy.

I have a friend who recently sold his 1969 Mustang GT convertible with R-Code 428CJ. It was a featured car at the All-Ford Show at Carlisle in 2005. This car was restored with NOS parts and was like new. It was featured in three different auto magazines last year including Mustang Monthly. This car was perfect....even better than new, and it only went for $120,000. I wish this fellow luck on his asking price.

Hidden

You can give boyd coddington 100k and by the time he's done you can turn around and sell it for 300k.....However! This guy got taken for a big ride if he spent $150,000.....Nice $50,000 paint job $25,000 interior, 10,000 suspension, $20,000 engine, $5,000 exhaust, and $40,000 rims....Trying to sell it for 300k priceless!

I've sold cars both professionally and personally for over 25yrs - and I will say it boils down to a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I really like his car but as an individual that would never be able to afford his asking range.

I have a friend who recently sold his 1969 Mustang GT convertible with R-Code 428CJ. It was a featured car at the All-Ford Show at Carlisle in 2005. This car was restored with NOS parts and was like new. It was featured in three different auto magazines last year including Mustang Monthly. This car was perfect....even better than new, and it only went for $120,000. I wish this fellow luck on his asking price.

Was that the Gold/Chapagne tone color car I remember seeing?

Was that the Gold/Chapagne tone color car I remember seeing?

:yes: Yeap, that's the same one. It was owned by Bob Brisbois (AKA "Boston Bob"). Bob has several Mustangs he's done in museums. He's always on the lookout for 428 Cobra Jet cars.

I have no big gripes on the convertable other than I'd put a little less rim and a little more rubber on it. With the white engine... its a show car, its not meant to be driven. She has become a trailer queen.

The Mach 1. I think the chopped top is cool. I despise the interior and rims.... buuuut its from the early 80's so meh..