Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dlinebar

Motor mount question

Well I made real progress this weekend I got the engine all buttoned up ready to install, I know I have it right and I know I am just being anal but here is the question anyway. Its a stock 302 with automatic tranny. When I took off the motor mounts I was careful to place them so when I put them back on they went on the correct side, but just looking at them they didn't look different. Well they are not but the mount points on the engine are. Each motor mount has a long tab and a short tab where it bolts ot the engine. In other words the mounts are not centered between the two bolts to the engine, it is offset. If I got it wrong the engine would be about 1 1/2 inches to far bach and I don't want to hoist it back out to swap the mounts. Anyway I have the drivers side installed so it is further towards the front of the car (the long mount tab is towards the back, and the passanger side is the opposite the Long tang is towards the front of the car so the mount is closer to the back of the car. I just would like to hear this is correct, I was carefull not to mix them but when I realized they were not symetric I worried a little more.....COuld someone take a look and see what theirs look like. I tried to attached a pic but it would not upload, you can see what I mean on my site http://mywebpages.comcast.net/classicstang/

Please also note the new harmonic balancer that I had to buy to replace the one I broke by not following directions and pulling the old one off with a gear puller......